Can I set this up so that members subscribe to optional, multiple components?

I am looking to sell a membership subscription with three levels, for website upgrades and support. However, I want to provide an option for members to add support for multiple sites, to each account, at a price per site.

Can I set this up (and how would I do that?) so that each member signs up to a level of support (for their site), and then adds one or more additional sites to their account, at a price per site (or bundle of sites)?

I hope the question is clear. Let me know if I should elaborate.

• aecnu

Greetings calle,

Thank you for the great question and the only way I can think of to possibly do this without being a coder and/or custom coding is to incorporate Pro Sites plugin within membership and you can use it to offer the additional sites and support.

So get Membership all going as it you desire then install and activate Pro Sites and set up its individual levels within.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• calle

Hi Joe,

Hmm, I can see how you interpreted this as a multisite issue. That's not it, though - it's for providing support to members' own Wordpress sites. So a member wóuld sign up to a support level, and add their site. Then they should be able to add additional sites to get support for.

Example:
    - John Doe signs up for Silver level membership and adds his site johnswp.com for let's say $100
    - He then logs in and adds johnsothersite.com and johndoe.me to the account at $50 per site.

Each month, John's subscription should be charged $200 with the Membership plugin.

I understand your reply as a multisite solution, unless there's a possibility to use the Pro Sites plugin in a regular WP installation, without attaching it to subsites..(?)

Thanks,
    Calle

• aecnu

Greetings Calle,

Aha! You are referring to sites not within a MultiSite installation and possibly not within your site/hosting/server at all.

With that in mind the only other thing I can think of that would be easy to integrate without custom coding or being a coder, and if you are a coder then this entire ticket is irrelevant and start coding ... lol, but the solution would/could be Buddy Press using the extended profiles so they can add their sites in which one can easily add the custom fields to do so.

It is further my opinion that membership is not the ideal software to do this but WHMCS would be much more adaptive to make this kind of service to include keep track of the billing thereof.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Calle,

Thank you for the additional clarification which is appreciated as always.

The only thing I can think of to make this work other then having the members step up to a different subscription to get the add-ons - would be to use something like the Pro Sites plugin within Membership or maybe depending on the nature of the add on itself, possibly the Pay Per View plugin.

And of course you mentioned coding this in yourself - Kudos to you sir if you indeed possess the skills to do so which is indeed beyond my talents - I am certainly no coder.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.