Can I set up variable-length appointments in Appointments+?

I'm trying to set up Appointments+ with variable length time bases - 30, 60, 90, or 120min. appointments. I can't seem to find any way for people to choose longer (or more than one) session. I've also tried shift-clicking on a schedule time, but as soon as I click the first one, it kicks me over to the confirmation.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Nick,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Currently there is no way a user can book multiple slots with Appointments plus out of the box.

Either you can Create different services for 30 60 90 and 120 mins lots or you can use MarketPress Integration.

Using MarketPress plugin, a user can add multiple appointment slots to their cart and checkout at once.

You can find more info on Appointments >> Settings >> FAQ page.

Please advise if that helps !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Nick

You can add a parameter to the [app_services] shortcode so when a Service is selected it automatically refreshes the appointment page and shows the schedule for that Service.
    It also removes the 'Show Available Times' button so simplifies the process for the end user.

To make the change:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard using Admin
    Select 'Pages' from the left hand menu
    Select the Appointment page and ensure the 'text' tab is selected so it shows all code

Change the shortcode [app_services] to [app_services autorefresh="1"]
    Then save

You can do the same with the 'Service Provider' shortcode if required.

However I do appreciate that there is still a risk if the user wants to choose another Service they will still have to select the relevant Service from the dropdown.

However you could add a Note next to the dropdown to indicate they must choose the correct Service before selecting a date/time from the schedule.

Also you could add another Note when the Confirmation form is presented to ensure they check all the details in the form as this will show the Service they have selected.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• templesmc
    • Flash Drive

We would like to use this plugin for conference room reservations for our School. We would like to have the option to choose different length reservations also, 15, 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes. Really don't understand why a work around is needed for this. Seems like a common need. Since the plugin doesn't support it, is there a hack that we can implement to get this functionality or are there plans to make this happen?

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @templesmc

You could try creating 5 x 'Services' with the 5 x Durations.

e.g. Service1 - duration 15mins, Service2 - duration30mins etc

In the default mode this would mean the time slot availability in the appointment calendar would be controlled by the duration of the selected 'Service'.

e.g. If you selected 'Service1' then it would display 15min time slots, If you selected 'Service2' it would display 30min time slots.

If you wanted all the 'Services' to display the same time slots say 15 mins then try the following:-

Login to your Wordpress Admin dashboard
    Select >Appointments then >>Settings
    Then Select the Add-ons tab
    Scroll down and Activate the 'Durations' Add-On
    Then Select the 'General' tab
    Then in the 'Time Settings' section you will see a new field called 'Time slot calculus method'

Set this to 'Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)'
    Then set the 'Time Base' with the number of mins you want the times slots to display

Then Save and try making an appointment

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• templesmc
    • Flash Drive

Tried that. It works ok for choosing a time slot but it doesn't reserve or block out the entire time. For instance. I have options on the 1/2 hour. Regardless if I choose an appointment for 1/2 hour, hour, 90 minutes or 2 hours, it only blocks the 1/2 hour from the appointment start time which would not prevent double booking the rooms.

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @templesmc,

This should not be the case and I have sites that work fine with these settings.

Is it possible you could provide a screenshot of the following:-

>A+ 'General' tab - just the 'Time Settings' section
    >A+ 'Services' tab
    >A+ 'Service Providers' tab for 'no specific provider' and for every 'Service Provider'
    >A+ 'Working Hours' tab for 'no specific provider' and for every 'Service Provider'

Could you also indicate what Add-Ons you have Activated

Could you also confirm what version of A+ you have installed

Regards
    SteveB

• templesmc
    • Flash Drive

Ok. So I just realized that it will block the correct amount of time but you need to select "Show Available Times" which I obviously overlooked and most likely others will too. Would Ajax add-on automagically re-populate the calendars after choosing service drop-down option?

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @templesmc,

To confirm you don't need to Activate the Ajax Add-on as you can do this through the shortcodes in the 'Appointment' page
    It will 'hide' the 'Show available times' and auto refresh the page

If you login to your Wordpress Admin dashboard
    Then Select 'Pages' in the left hand menu
    Then Select the 'Appointment' page
    Then make sure the page tab is set to 'Text'
    Then locate the following shortcodes

[app_services]
    [app_service_providers]

and change them to:-

[app_services autorefresh="1"]
    [app_service_providers autorefresh="1"]

Then 'Update' the page

Then try making an appointment
    Select a 'Service' and it will autorefresh the page
    Then Select a 'Service Provide' and it will autorefresh the page and display the relevant appointment calendar.

I hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.