Can I setup multiple stores with multiple currencies using market press?

I want to setup multiple stores using market press but I need to set it up for different countries so the currency would be pound for one and dollar for most others. Can you please guide me on how to do it.

I am also struggling to get this plugin working with multisite enabled. Its a different issue though.

• johnhardy918

Hey Tom,

Thanks for your reply. The site we are working on is http://www.fitnessfirstway.com

Now we have enabled multisite but we cannot get it to work. Basically when we create a new site it would not open a subdomain dashboard and gives an error of 404 not found where as the front end shows default plesk page. We researched and it seems that it as a wildcard issue so we added an 'A' Record with *.fitnessfirstway.com pointing to our server IP. But it still does not seem to resolve the issue.

It is worth noting though that ours is a windows VPS server so I am not sure if this is an IIS thing or just something that we are doing wrong.

Any inputs in this regards would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Tom Eagles

@johnhardy918

When it comes to server configs i am like a fish out of water at the moment. But I know a man that rocks in that department our server guru @aecnu, although he will probably want to format your server for having a windows vps... (just kidding) he's actually my host plus many others here. so i will ping him and see if he has a solution to this rather than me stabbing in the dark.
    Cheers!

Tom

• aecnu

Greetings johnhardy918 and Tom,

This one definitely seems to be a IIS issue as it will continue to beat us up with htaccess files and more which I believe we are already experiencing in this installation.

Windows is a great end user program but for servers it is in my opinion sub standard and susceptible to viruses and other attacks that Linux is for the most part completely immune.

Regarding the multi-currency stores, it could be accomplished by IP redirection to the store that is sporting the currency of choice via htaccess or other means like the IP Ban plugin but instead of banning them set the destination to the other store/currency.

Not sure why we got ourselves a windows server

This is common that some folks chose this route because they believe they understand Windows and that it is intuitive whereas Linux seems to be on a different planet because of its DOS like commands etc.

However, when set up correctly Linux VPS Hosting can give Windows like interfaces that are intuitive and in most cases quickly learned and Linux Servers both VPS Servers and Dedicated Servers quickly out perform Windows servers because of the lack of overhead that Windows demands and lacking the vulnerabilities that are common to Windows of all flavors.

Do not get me wrong, I truly love my Windows PC's and Laptops, but for servers it is Linux all the way.

Please advise on your thoughts concerning the way to deal with the multiple currency project.

Cheers, Joe

• Kimberly

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologize in advance for any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.