Can I track a mapped domain name with google analytics plug in

my main wordpress admin site is personal.wpengine.com. I also have subdomains... tim.personal.wpengine.com. All these subdomains are mapped for example http://www.tim.com. Question 1, what domain name do I input to track the entire blog network in google analytics? Question 2: Can I track the mapped names in google analytics? Question 3, When I attempted to track, the domain names were not showing up, how do I get each domain to show up so I can view data from each? Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Tim

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question. Some very good and important questions there!

1: For that, you would create a GA account for the main domain in the network and then input that UA tracking code within network admin, making sure to tick the sub domain option with network admin as well.

2: This, I've never personally tried, after looking just now it doesn't appear possible out of the box, but I'm going to flag the lead developer to provide his valuable input on this

3: The tracking would show the overall stats for across the network, you can also input and create a GA account for each other domain and enter the UA code for that in each sub site, then view the stats for each one from the sub site dashboard

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.