Can I use BBPress with Membership?

I installed the Forum plugin to use with the Membership plugin. It’s almost what I want, but it looks like BBPress might give me more options… which is very appealing to me.

Is it possible to use Membership with BBPress? My site will be set up for the forum to be membership only.

Thanks for as much assistance as you can share. :slight_smile:

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @janet_louise_stephenson

thanks for posting & welcome to the community.

I believe they should work well together, though it depends how you want to use it.

Membership is all about protecting content through subscriptions & access levels. this might be overkill if you are using Buddypress as a members only site anyway.

have a read up of the usage for membership & see if it would suit your type of site.

hope this helps. iof you require any further assistance, please let us know.

thanks

• janet_louise_stephenson
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes, I’ve read up on the usage for the membership plugin.

However, it doesn’t specifically line out how to use it with BBPress, which is my original question.

I am charging a membership fee for the use of the forum/bbpress. That is why I want to use membership plugin. Plus, I’m using the Appointments+ plugin, which gives these same members a discount when they book services, as well.

So, to be more clear… HOW does one go about integrating BBPress with the Membership plugin?

I am trying at the moment to use url groups, but unsure exactly which parameters to use. It is almost working, except that when a user is logged in, the Forums disappear. When the user is logged out, the Forums redirect to the Protected Content, a.k.a. please pay to upgrade page – and that is perfect.

• janet_louise_stephenson
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Currently have the url group set to as a Negative for Visitors: http://www.butterfly-maiden.com/forums/forum/

The Visitors see the Forums if they visit:

http://www.butterfly-maiden.com/forums/

but they cannot access anything because once they click into a forum, they are given the Protected Content, please upgrade message. This is perfect.

The problem is that this same setting isn’t working for the logged in users. Once logged in, they should be able to see all the forums, post, interact, etc. However, when a logged in user clicks on these same links above, they are given an error notice that this page does not exist.

“No Results Found

The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.”

I have copied and pasted the exact page that a logged out person uses to access the forum (sending them to the please upgrade / protected page)… and once logged in, that same page no longer exists.

I feel like I’m so close to getting this to work. Please help me figure out what setting or error is causing this problem.

Thanks!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

sorry for the delay. are your logged in members subscribed to a plan?

usually you can set registered users to be added to a default plan when they register (usually the free level). you will then need to add those pages to the plans positive rules.

hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.