Can I use Hummingbird with WP Supercache

Does Hummingbird play nice with WP Supercache?

* can I enable browser caching
* minify
* CDN support?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello James,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Yes, you can use WP Supercache with Hummingbird however you will want to make sure that "duplicated" features are not enabled for both plugins at the same time.

For example, if a "Minification" feature is enabled in Hummingbird, do not enable it in other plugins (regardless whether it's Supercache or any other plugin).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
      • Support

Hi TikiKitchen,

This ticket is back from 2016 and there were a lot of changes within Hummingbird, we have made some major changes and added a lot of new stuff, like CloudFlare integration for browser caching, added Page Caching which was not in there before and so on.

Basically, the same thing still stands, you shouldn't be using same options in both plugins.
      We suggested usage of WP SuperCache in the past in order to handle page caching, but since this is now a part of the Hummingbird as well it doesn't require additional plugins for page caching.

Using multiple plugins to do same things (caching, minification, etc.) can actually cause conflicts between each-other and cause more issues than good.

And for CloudFlare, as I mentioned above there's now integration enabled with CloudFlare under Hummingbird > Caching > Browser Caching where you can connect to your CloudFlare account.

If you have any additional questions about this it would be best to start a new chat or ticket so we don't spam original thread poster with email notifications about our responses, and we'll gladly assist you further :slight_smile:

Best regards,
      Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.