Can I use 'In post adds' plugin for freemium service

Hi,

I want to offer the free version of my service but with adverts that generate some cash for the use.

Can I use the 'in post ads' plugin to manage this without free users having access to removing the ads?

• Guy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for the reply Patrick. So you mean only the super admin of a MU site

In which case I can offer customers a free service which is partly paid for by adverts I can earn from.

Do I understand correctly?

Thank you.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Guy,

Thanks for the reply Patrick. So you mean only the super admin of a MU site

Nope, both the Super Admin & the Site Admin would have access to the settings for In Post Ads.

In Post Ads is designed more so to allow admins (both Super Admins and site admins) to display ads on the site of their own choosing.

In regards to this:

In which case I can offer customers a free service which is partly paid for by adverts I can earn from.

Are these customers of yours setting up free sites on your network? I noticed that the Pro Sites plugin is installed on your site, and it seems like you're wanting to target those that don't have a Pro Sites level on the network.

If you're wanting to display ads on free sites on your network, have you thought about enabling the "Advertising" module inside of Pro Sites?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Guy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

So, to clarify, I want to offer free a free level below paid for levels that I set out in Pro sites.

So would the 'Advertising' plugin added to the ProSites plugin list enable me to put my own adverts into these free sites?

I thought you were saying if I did that the admins of each of the free sites would be able to control the ads which is not what I want.

Can you clarify please.

Thanks

Guy

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Guy

I hope you are well today.

So would the 'Advertising' plugin added to the ProSites plugin list enable me to put my own adverts into these free sites?

No this is not possible out of the box, site admin can control the ads.

As you are using Pro Sites plugin, how's about using Advertising modules? You can enable the module from Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways and then from Pro Sites > Settings you can show ads.

I know this is not a perfect alternative but at least you can show some ads for free level sites.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.