can I use market press for a new site?

hi I have a client that wants a new store based in wordpress - I'm used to using woocommerce for this - but getting a bit fed up with the amount of updates and the way they can break your site each time! - So was thinking of looking into market press as an alternative - the client has products that have a few variations - and the options change depending upon your choices - i.e. one product is available in many thicknesses but certain thicknesses are only in certain colours etc - so depending upon your choices the options will change - is this smothering that market press can handle - I see it does do variations - will this be the way to do it - also are the attributes separate to the products like in woo commerce - or do you need to add them individually for each product. The client has a competitor that does the variations pretty well - here - https://theconveyorshop.co.uk/epages/d4057af8-76c6-4f13-adcd-f452ff4d40b6.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/d4057af8-76c6-4f13-adcd-f452ff4d40b6/Products/2015Oct210017%5B1%5D/SubProducts/2015Oct210017%5B1%5D-0016
any help / advice will be greatly appreciated

regards

Paul

• Rupok

Hi Paul,

depending upon your choices the options will change - is this smothering that market press can handle

Yes. This is possible with MarketPress. When you add more than one variation for a product, MarketPress creates all possible combination for those variations. From those, you can delete which you don't want. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

also are the attributes separate to the products like in woo commerce

I'm not exactly sure how WooCommerce handles the attributes. By referring to attributes, did you mean each combination of variation? If yes, then you can add image, inventory, price and sale price for each combination. You can also make a combination as default for that product.

Please let us know if this is not what you asked. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok