Can I use multisite Marketpress to create several individually customized yet linked stores?

I need to setup a store with over 200 products that have many variations.I will eventually have dozens of retailers using this online store to redirect their online customers (after signing in) to purchase products of which they get a commission. The retailers can also choose to be able to have a "customized" header background, colors, menu fonts... to look like their own site's colors, etc.. Can MarketPress allow me to do this? and does it have to be or should be, done with multisite? All of the purchasable product data should be of one database/store, yet when a purchase occurs, that purchase should be credited or assigned to the retailer that brought in the buyer/shopper... Thanks so much... I can describe more if you need more info... Thx, Steve

• Tyler Postle

Hey Steve,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

It sounds like you want a global shopping cart with PayPal chained payments :slight_smile:

Which MarketPress has built in.

What this allows is for each site on your multisite to have it's own store and when checked out it will take them to the main site checkout where they will complete their purchase and using PayPal chained payments, it will give a set percentage of the purchase to the network owner(you) and the rest to the store owner.

Multisite is required for this yes, and the network will be all in one database by default :slight_smile:

We also have a video tutorial that touches on this too: http://youtu.be/1QMaf5FDrWg

Hope this helps Steve and let us know if you have any further questions here!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Steve

Thanks for the response Tyler... I probably should clarify my thoughts a bit more for you... Specifically, I have a client who owns a product based Volusion ecommerce store... they have asked me to create a new Core/Main store that will have nearly 600 sku's (mostly a variety of 500 filters) with 30-40 chemicals and misc parts, etc... They are creating a dealer connection to hundreds of small to medium sized brick and morter dealers around the US and profit partnering with them to sell the items (described above) through the Core/Main store that my client will run... Now, when a customer goes to dealer "XYZ"'s website and then on to the link to shop on that dealer's site, a request pops up to the shopper to "sign up to get a preferred shopper's login code" so they can access the shopping site of my client AND be able to track that sale back to that particular dealer's site (for commission/sales)... Also, that dealer will have the opportunity/option of having us create a "customized" look for a fee (logo, colors,etc..) for their own mirrored store pages of the Core/main shopping pages... All of the shopping pages have to be up-datable through one core/master backend but also be able to allow the individual dealer to have access to their own sales info at any time.... I guess its kind of a global shopping cart with an option of individually customized dealer pages.... Thanks, Steve

• Steve

Thanks for the response Tyler... I probably should clarify my thoughts a bit more for you... Specifically, I have a client who owns a product based Volusion ecommerce store... they have asked me to create a new Core/Main store that will have nearly 600 sku's (mostly a variety of 500 filters) with 30-40 chemicals and misc parts, etc... They are creating a dealer connection to hundreds of small to medium sized brick and morter dealers around the US and profit partnering with them to sell the items (described above) through the Core/Main store that my client will run... Now, when a customer goes to dealer "XYZ"'s website and then on to the link to shop on that dealer's site, a request pops up to the shopper to "sign up to get a preferred shopper's login code" so they can access the shopping site of my client AND be able to track that sale back to that particular dealer's site (for commission/sales)... Also, that dealer will have the opportunity/option of having us create a "customized" look for a fee (logo, colors,etc..) for their own mirrored store pages of the Core/main shopping pages... All of the shopping pages have to be up-datable through one core/master backend but also be able to allow the individual dealer to have access to their own sales info at any time.... I guess its kind of a global shopping cart with an option of individually customized dealer pages.... Thanks, Steve

• Tyler Postle

Hey Steve,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the explanation :slight_smile:

Now, when a customer goes to dealer "XYZ"'s website and then on to the link to shop on that dealer's site, a request pops up to the shopper to "sign up to get a preferred shopper's login code"

Is the login code for each site going to be unique to it? You could track the referrals that way if so.

You could also use out Affiliates plugin in this case too, you can track referrals by a site, so whenever a visitor comes from xyz's site to one of yours it will know that it came from xyz and that site will be linked to a user, the owner of xyz site presumably.

Also, that dealer will have the opportunity/option of having us create a "customized" look for a fee (logo, colors,etc..)

Is xyz dealer site on your multisite network?

All of the shopping pages have to be up-datable through one core/master backend but also be able to allow the individual dealer to have access to their own sales info at any time

You can use our Multisite Content Copier plugin for this :slight_smile:

Each time you create a product on the mainsite you can check a box to copy it to all sites on your network.

Individual dealers will still be able to add products to their own site too.

Hope this helps! Look forward to hearing back Steve.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.