Can I use Network front page grid with another theme?

Could someone please tell me the parts of this theme that I would have to strip out to make it possible to use the Network front page portion of this theme with another theme (Twenty Twelve).

I love the functionality of this theme be really don't think much of the design.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @magichew

"Stripping out" portions of a theme, and adding them to another theme, while expecting them to still function is no easy task.

For one thing, you'd be porting over features from a fixed width theme to a responsive one, and would be spending an inordinate amount of time fixing layout issues.

For another, you'd need to hunt down all the functions and hooks that make the features you're after work throughout the theme's files & templates. Not worth it in my opinion.

Exactly what functionality do you want to add to Twenty-Twelve? Knowing that would make recommending plugins or code snippets you could add to 2012 that much easier :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @magichew

Yup, that's what I thought :slight_smile:

You may want to take our Recent Posts plugin for a spin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-posts/

Note that you must install the Post Indexer plugin first:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer/

Once you have it installed and the shortcode configured to your liking, it's simply a matter of styling the output to fit nicely with whatever theme you are using.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.