Can I use other blogs feeds on my blog as well?

I do not entirely understand the terms and use of other blog networks. Is it generally ok to use other peoples content on my site as long as I give credit? Or should I just not do it at all? It would be great to not have to give a bunch of movie reviews on my own and have another site do it for me...

• faydra_deon

@Michael:

Many sites that offer their RSS feed for public consumption usually don't mind others curating their content. Doing so means pingbacks for the one who created the content, which means their content is seen as valuable and helps them move up in the search engines.

If it would make you feel better about doing so, you could always add information in the footer that says something like "content gleaned from the following sites: A, B, C. Copyrights are theirs and reserved." Maybe not those exact words, but something that says to the visitor, "This content shows up here, but it came from some other site."

Faydra...

• Tyler Postle

Hey Michael,

I don't see any issue with this long as you're giving credit to the original site. Several sites are built around this exact practice, just curating content pulled from other sites.

Digg, reddit, stumbleupon, and many others.

Not always pulled of course, much of the time it is other users posting it there but that doesn't really make any difference in this case :slight_smile:

A big thing to keep in mind is that your users might not want to always be reading another sites content, they might want to hear from you.

I'm a big believer in content is king - great content will keep your readers coming back and sharing your posts!

Just my thoughts!

Have a great rest of your day Michael.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.