Can I use pay per view and the Membership plugin together?

I have setup a FAQ on my website which is for free subscribers. I've setup the subscription levels in the WPMU membership plugin with both free and paid subscriptions. The freebie FAQ is text only.
What I would like to do is put a pay per view video, via YouTube, on the bottom of each of the FAQ's that demonstrates what's been explained in text.
I've enabled the PPV plugin on this particular FAQ page. The code looks as such for the PPV.
[ppw id="59894918" description="In Private Browsing" price="0.99"]<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HvC6UHDXXvY" height="315" width="560" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/ppw]
But, regardless of browser, it simply plays the video.
I would like monthly subscriptions, day passes and per video payment options which PPV offers.
Does PPV have the ability to differentiate between subscriber levels? Or am I going to be forced into separating the videos onto individual pages and simply putting links to the videos at the bottom of my FAQs?

• Laura

Thank you for your reply. I've setup a separate user with subscriber, non admin privileges. So I've logged in as that user to test this on a different browser.
    So the user I've created is a free member. The idea is that I want that user to only have access to the text at the top of the page and for PPV to prevent access to the video and offer that user the option of buying the video. Currently it just plays anyway.
    I've pasted the code I'm using in the original post. According to what I've read so far that should work but it's not! So what do I need to change to fix that?

• Patrick

Hi there @Laura

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Yes, both Pay Per View and Membership can be used together on the same site.

When you are viewing the pages where you have the Pay Per View videos, are you visiting those pages in the same browser you are logged in with as admin? If so, you should set "Admin sees full content" to "No" in the "Accessibility Settings" section of Pay Per View.

However, Pay Per View cannot distinguish Membership access levels. But there are shortcodes in Membership for that. You'll see them listed next to each access level you have created under Membership > Access Levels (screenshot).

So what you could do is embed the video twice on the page. Wrap one instance in the appropriate Membership access level shortcode for your paid users. Then wrap the other instance in both the Membership access level and the Pay Per View shortcodes for your free users.

The result could look something like this:

[level-paid-access]
    ...video embedded here would be visible to paid members only...
    [/level-paid-access]

[level-free-access]
    [ppw id=&quot;59904716&quot; description=&quot;You must pay to view this video&quot; price=&quot;1.00&quot;]
    ...PPV form to access video embedded here would be visible to free members only...
    [/ppw]
    [level-free-access]

• Laura

Hi Patrick,

We were likely typing at the same time. Vaughn asked the same question and I stated with him I have another user setup with subscriber, non admin rights who I use on a different browser.
    Having had a couple of hours to think my way through it. I think what I'm going to do is use the membership plugin for the monthly and daily passes with two subscription plans and let PPV control the actual pay per view part. And I'll use the short codes like you suggested Patrick, to control access.
    Thanks for your help guys!

• Laura

The screen shot is what I've been getting continually.
    I've signed up on on my own site as a free member. That's the account I've logged into in the screen shot. It's not admin!
    Why are the membership shortcodes not protecting the video? Am I formatting them wrong? I'm just copying/pasting right from the membership screen.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Here's the code.
    [level-monthly-paid-member]<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HvC6UHDXXvY" height="315" width="560" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"></iframe>[not-level-monthly-paid-member]

[level-free-member][ppw id="59897181" description="In Private Browsing" price="0.99"]<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HvC6UHDXXvY" height="315" width="560" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/ppw][not-level-free-member]

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.