Can I Use Same Username and Password For All New Batch Create Blogs?

Hi,

I was wondering if you can use a "username" and password that have already been created so that all new blogs created with batch create will have the same admin name and password?

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi sarah101,

Sure, and if this user already exists (ie. if the user is Super Admin) you wouldn't need to specify a password at all, but should be fine with leaving a null value.

If the user doesn't exist, you can simply specify the password once and leave the rest of the values null.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this!

Thanks!
    - David

• sarah101
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have to say... This is really confusing! You guys need to clarify the documentation with this plugin better.

1. Ok, I need to know what to put in the fields to use a super admin account I have already created.

Should the first row look like:
    zurich, Zurich, admin, tyZ!]Vd34e^e8tb, adm1n@zurich.biz, administrator

And every row after:
    munich, Munich, admin, null, null, null

Can I use null for the password, email and role if it's defined in the first row?

2. What is the story with using a username with a capital letter like "Admin" - The only user I have created so far has a capital "A" in the name. Do I have to change this in the database to lowercase?

Thanks

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi sarah101,

Thanks for your feedback on the installation page. We'll take a look into it and see how that can be improved. I think a lot of it may have to do with how Multisite itself works in regard to users, since user accounts persist throughout the network (users have the same email, username and password on all sub-sites), but I'm sure we can make that clearer in that page.

Your example seemed like it would work just fine with one exception, you'll need to add the administrator user role at the end of the line for the lines after the first.

You can use the line as you mentioned with the 'administrator' role added to the end. Though if you find it easier, you can include the password and email on each line as well. In retrospect, this actually does seem more intuitive.
    munich, Munich, admin, tyZ!]Vd34e^e8tb, adm1n@zurich.biz, administrator

Either of these should work fine, but this does seem easier to understand.

As for the username you'd already created, if you don't notice any issues with the capital letter in the username, there shouldn't be any issues at all. I believe the plugin converts those all to lowercase.

Hope that helps!

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!
    Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.