Can I use share hosting on multisite installed?

Hi,
I need a candid answer please and I want to know if I can activate Multisite on a Share Hosting Server for my local medical community site with 4 major app pages e.g Webinar, LMS, Blog and Networking (online community) and also planning to add Membership into the mix. Can I still activate multisite install on share hosting server for the site. This will enable me to provide a professional feedback to my group.

Regards

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Barni

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Technically, yes :slight_smile:

But if you have a large number of viewers and many plugins to use, then it's not recommended to use shared hosting. There too many limitations in a shared hosting. Specially, your site will be very slow and for frequent access of RAM may cause temporary block. It depends in the policy of the provider.

Cheers
    Ash

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

@Ashok, thanks for responding fast, that's cool. Ok, on plugins, I have between 30-50 to add and viewers like 1000 for a start. I have 1gb disk space, what is the minium disk space would you suggest? I'm thinking of 10gb to start off with the site.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Well, disk space depends on you. If you want your users to upload a lot, then you will need larger disk.

As you are thinking to have 30-50 plugin, then personally I don't think shared hosting is a good option for you. You can try any VPS where you will get dedicated memory and everything will be in your control.

With that much plugin in a shared hosting, your site will be very slow!

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Well, disk space depends on you. If you want your users to upload a lot, then you will need larger disk.

As you are thinking to have 30-50 plugin, then personally I don't think shared hosting is a good option for you. You can try any VPS where you will get dedicated memory and everything will be in your control.

With that much plugin in a shared hosting, your site will be very slow!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.