Can I use specific category templates per type of sign up?

If I use the New Blog Templates plugin, is it possible to have a user select a page template based on say, a music genre?

Essentially I would like a user to sign up for Rock, Rap or New Wave and have their profile setup with different CSS colors and backgrounds depending on what genre it was that they chose to give my users a more defined experience.

• aecnu

Greetings Koko818,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

If I use the New Blog Templates plugin, is it possible to have a user select a page template based on say, a music genre?

No not that I am aware of unless perhaps that you are a coder and can recode the entire process due to the items you mentioned below in which I will now address:

Essentially I would like a user to sign up for Rock, Rap or New Wave and have their profile setup with different CSS colors and backgrounds depending on what genre it was that they chose to give my users a more defined experience.

If I were personally wanting to do this and I wanted the features you mentioned above I would create a MutliSite with the main site as a catchall for the sub sites or sub domains of the MultiSite and reap the search engine bonus as well i.e. rock.mymusic.com ~or~ mymusic.com/rock (sub domain or sub directory install respectively)

This way I could divide them and theme them as desired.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.