Hi guys, I'm a new member and loving the experience so far so thanks for that
What I want to do is as follows, (the first three points I'm pretty sure are all possible and are just for background):
- Set-up a directory website using the plugin
- Have several different shopping malls as the main categories
- Within each mall have shop, restaurant and cinema listings/content types and custom fields
However where I'm not so sure (or how to approach it at least) is:
- How does the paid recurring/subscriber part work, if a shop owner pays to be able to add/edit their shop, can they only add one shop for each payment? What if they have a chain of shops in every mall? How does the system 'know' what they can and can't edit and can I define this in any way?
- Say I want each shop owner to be able to associate offers with each outlet. I was thinking the best way might be to create a new item type (perhaps with CustomPress) and allow shop owners to add offers (with an expiry date) which are then associated with their shop? (Please say if this is a horrible way of doing it) If so how can I 'control' the access that these paid subscribers have so they're only doing things in the back-end that relate to their shop or chain of shops? Can I also allow them to post offers too? And if so how could the system 'know' what they should and shouldn't be able to post. If I'm approaching this from completely the wrong angle in terms of structure please do shout this is just my initial idea of how it might be achieved
- Finally, how could I associate film information / showing times (eg Rambo showing at 3pm and 5pm on Wednesday and Fridays) with a cinema? Perhaps a Film custom post type (though CustomPress?) Have you guys got any experience using Directory with CustomPress or similar or is this the wrong approach?
I know that's a lot of questions but hopefully you can see what I'm trying to achieve and I would really really appreciate any help or guidance you can give