Can I utilize Multisite for an organization of instructors?

I am trying to determine if Multisite is the proper way to go. The site is for a fitness organization whose members run their own fitness programs. It seems like multisite would be a great tool to allow each of the members to have their own sites, featuring their own information – blog, events, hours, about, etc. while being under the umbrella of the organization.

Does this make as much sense as I think it does? Multisite would be ideal for this scenario, right?

Thank you

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I love multisite, and if each member with their own programs are wanting to blog and stuff then sure I’d say consider this route. To me it sounds like a perfect fit.

You could use plugins like our Post Indexer and it’s child plugins to share network content right on the main site if you wished:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer/

For example through a cool widget:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/live-stream-widget/

I’d disable the option to signup for new sites though and manually create them as needed from the network area otherwise you’ll end up with loads of splogs to moderate and that would be a nightmare.

Now that said, I suppose I should give you another option without multisite because some people think it can be burden although often I believe that’s because they don’t understand it full (they still have a point). :slight_smile:

A plugin like Appointments+ could be used on a single site and each person could have their own service added to the calendar. Someone will need to manage this unless you trust them all not to mess up or accidentally change something they shouldn’t.

They could have editor accounts so each one can blog themselves and it all appears on the main site. Many sites have multi authors and this can work really really well.

With a nice design their author page can be their bio too.

Do you want them to have their own theme?

Their own blog?

Their own settings and management of appointments?

Their own contact forms?

Their own Appointment Area, etc?

If so then I’d seriously consider multisite.

If you’re happy for one person to manage the appointments and all settings and you’re happy to have them blog for a single site then you have your answer.

If you have time to kill then I’d play with both ideas.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @cixdesigns,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Yes you can use Multisite to achieve this as it seems ideal solution for this scenario.

You will find more information about multisite on the following pages.

WordPress Multisite Guide for Beginners: Unlock the Power of Networks

What Is Multisite?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/

Please advise if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.