Can Images be Rotated on Daily Basis

I have a situation where a plumber wants to offer a Different Deal on each day of the week, Eg, “Tuesday Special, Call now for $50 off Call out fee” Basically have 6 or 7 different options that only display on that day. Can this be done with this plug in or is there an alternative out there where I can set the image to change at Midnight each day?

Ian

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ian,

It appears that pcwriter is spot on with his advice and is awarded some rep points for his taking the time to help another member.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• fvanonna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi! Maybe I’m dense from working about 4 days straight. I hope so actually.

Because I’m wondering if it’s also possible to rotate content on a weekly basis? It’s for a menu of a restaurant that changes every other week.

Hope you can help!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fvanonna,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Have you looked over the Schedule Selected Content plugin? meaning actually installing it and using it?

It is quite flexible and though it does not have specific weekly designation, for example the monthly schedule and some creative timing it is very possibly to use it for weekly rotations :slight_smile:

@ian though there is no set widget that I know of for this purpose, with a little out of the box thinking I can come up with a couple of ways that may word for this purpose.

One way for example is to use an IFrame in the widget for text to display a certain post or page, perhaps something like Easy iFrame Loader plugin.

Another way that may be workable is to display an RSS feed of the scheduled post category using the built in RSS widget or other comparable widget.

I hope this helps reach your designing goals and thank you both for being WPMU Dev members!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• fvanonna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for you answer Joe.

I actually did install it and it’s probably me, but I can’t seem to figure out how to continually rotate content weekly.

When I choose per month, I have to let it start on a day. If the first was always a Monday or any other day, then it would have been easy. But it isn’t.

Maybe I’m just not thinking straight… ?

Hope you can help explain me how to do this… I’m probably missing the obvious! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings fvanonna,

I completely see your point about monthly versus weekly and about how Monthly is scheduling by date rather then my day.

Currently the only solution I can think of is still monthly using the date which would need to be updated in advance but to just insert all of the offers on the same post/page, then highlight each one and set each to show on the preferred date.

Using this method things could actually be scheduled years in advance.

Please advise as to what you think of this not necessarily ideal but working solution?

Cheers, Joe

• fvanonna
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

Hmm, I was afraid of this… honestly I think this is not really a solution. It’s way too prone to errors and it’s also alot of work.

Maybe you could think about implementing this option… a daily, hourly, weekly, and monthly rotator (with a checkbox or something) would be awesome and I think it would make the plugin much better.

(I actually became a member for this plugin because I needed a solution fast – I’m now doing it by hand but am bound to forget it when I’ve partied a bit too much in the weekend :wink:

Cheers – Floris

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Floris,

Thank you so much for your candid response, it is greatly appreciated including the feedback contained within.

Considering the detailed feedback above and what would be a workable solution for your project, I am going to pass this on to the lead developer of the Schedule Selected Content plugin plus move this to the official feature requests section.

Please do not hurt yourself too much partying on the weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.