Can install simplemarket theme on market press

Hi, I admit I am only new to Wordpress but know enough to be able to install themes or plugins etc.
I have installed the Market Press plugin and it is activated with it now on the menu - store.
I downloaded the simple market theme into the themes directory and according to the instructions it should then show up as a theme in the drop down box under presentation but it isnt. One place I read with instructions says simply go appearance / themes and activate it. When I do that it overides the main buddyboss theme.
Ive been trying to fix this for hours now. Please can you tell me what Im doing wrong
thanks
Julie

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

You cannot use Multiple Themes on one site, as far as I am aware.

The Style referred to in the top portion of the meta box you are referencing is a very different and separate thing from the Theme of the site.

The Style is saying you can upload and use a custom css file to style the site, meaning colors and fonts and shapes...all the things that make the elements in your theme look a certain way.

A theme is the actual framework of your site and the bulding blocks of how it's displayed.

Try this: The Theme is the frame of a house. The Style is the paint and decoration you put on the walls.

Does this help?

If you like the colors and font of the SimpleMarket theme I don't see why you can't create a css file to use in "styles", following the instructions, that mimic those of SimpleMarket :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi KimberlyL
    Thanks agian. I didnt think it multiple themes could be used on a single site, but was not sure if there was a hack for it or not. I use a Neuro theme that lets you change the theme on every page of one site, but it is still the same theme. So much to learn!!!! Thanks agian.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.