Can MarketPress have multi-vendor's with Buddypress?

I'm a new user, so I apologize if this questions is obvious or has been mentioned before. I helped design a local food and beverage community site for Brooklyn (www.nonabrooklyn.com) that uses the Buddypress network to maintain users in the community. The goal is to offer a way to allow each user to post, manage and sell there own goods on the NonaBrooklyn site. They could each have there own "shop", and maybe even a global "shop" with access to everyone's stuff. Each user would have there own payment gateway, and handle fulfillment. Maybe you wouldn't be able to support multiple gateways in one shopping cart, not sure. Anyways, is this something that could work with Marketpress and Buddypress? If yes, does anyone have an example of this working or a good place to figure out how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

• DavidM

Hi nonabrooklyn and welcome to WPMU DEV!

MarketPress can definitely work alongside BuddyPress and for one example of that (there are more, this is just the first that popped into my mind) you can take a look at the following:
    http://fondelifair.com/

There's not currently any BuddyPress integration in MarketPress to where products would be displayed in the user profiles or things of that sort, but MarketPress does include an array of template functions (marketpress-includes/template-functions.php) that can be used to customize the profile areas.

Given the extensive customizations already on your site (the site really is nicely done, by the way), I imagine it may not be so difficult to utilize those.

While there's not currently a tutorial or guide on customizing MarketPress for use with BuddyPress but if you do have any questions on it, we'll be happy to delve into them with you here in the forums.

Also, the global cart in MarketPress currently supports PayPal only and doesn't yet support the Chained Payments feature, but the plugin is in active development and suggestions are well considered. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• Tyler Postle

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well today. Sorry for the delay! Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community :slight_smile:

It's best to create a new post instead of replying on a really old one like this. You can always link to an old thread for reference in your new ticket. New tickets can be created here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Just with the way out system works, this ensures you get a prompt response.

As for your above question, you can definitely have a multivendor scenario with BuddyPress. You would want to start with a Multisite install and then add in BuddyPress. Use MarketPress network activated - then each user can have their own individual store, but you could also turn on global cart too if you wanted users to be able to shop multiple stores and checkout all at once :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! Any further questions just create a new ticket. If it relates to this one you can link back to it.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.