Can Marketpress Integrate with the Fundraiser plugin?

I'm wondering if the marketpress plugin can integrate with the fundraising plugin in order to create a kickstarter-type site? Also, is it possible for different products (or in the case of kickstarter, different projects) to have different paypal accounts assigned to them? Or if using multisite and fundraiser, can the products/projects on the marketpress plugin link directly to a site's fundraising page? Hope I'm explaining this properly. Thanks again!

-Cindye

• aecnu

Greetings Cindye,

Thank you for these significant questions.

I'm wondering if the marketpress plugin can integrate with the fundraising plugin in order to create a kickstarter-type site?

They cannot natively that I am aware of, but if your a sharp coder almost anything is possible.

Also, is it possible for different products (or in the case of kickstarter, different projects) to have different paypal accounts assigned to them?

I have no idea about kick starter nor have I ever heard of it.

Our primary support mission here is how to use the current features of our products and bug fixing

Or if using multisite and fundraiser, can the products/projects on the marketpress plugin link directly to a site's fundraising page?

Yes this can be done using the external link feature within the Market Press individual product setup.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Mark

Right. Well, I have the same question - so allow me to provide some additional expansion and clarification regarding the functionality of Kickstarter, and how it might relate to this post:

Kickstarter is very similar to the Fundraiser plugin - with a bit of a spin on the Marketpress and ProSites plugins. When a person donates money for a project that is posted on Kickstarter, they take a 5% cut of the money. All projects are "all-or-nothing" and so if a project reaches its target amount on or before the predetermined due date, then everyone gets charged, and Kickstarter takes its 5% commission. If the goal is not reached, then no one gets charged, and the project is closed and archived.

With WPMUDEV's plugins, it sounds like someone could "sell" a fundraising amount on the Fundraiser plugin through MarketPress? And then the site owner would take a small percentage? Or, could this be done through some kind of hybrid Fundraiser, Marketpress, ProSites integration? In other words:

- A stranger visits my site and creates an account at "johndoe.fundrazor.com"
    - He then proceeds to create a project on this URL and submits lots of posts about this project on the same URL
    - He sets a project target date of 60 days & a target fundraising dollar amount of $5000
    - When the project closes two months from now, he gets about $4500, with Paypal getting their cut [whatever it is - 5%] and Fundrazor.com (my site) receives $250 as 5% share of the total amount
    - All credit cards are charged, and the remaining amount of $4500 goes to the stranger's account...
    - Multiple fundraising events are happening all the while, with users located at different subdomains like Alan.planfunder.com, Roger.planfunder.com, JohnSmith@planfunder.com, Marianne@planfunder.com, etc...

Possible? Need more detail? Thoughts...

• aecnu

Greetings mpivon,

Thank you so much for the clarification, it was enlightening to say the least and greatly appreciated.

I am certain that this was not the intended use for either of these plugins to be used in this manner.

It is my opinion that this would indeed need a completely new integration perspective if not a completely new plugin product to operate in this manner as you have described above.

I do know the Fundraising plugin features crowd funding where this type of action you mentioned above on how everyone is charged if the goal is met is implemented, but I do not know of any commission feature built in.

Of course you folks could always put in a feature/plugin request for this type of action because I know for sure out of the box it is not happening without some heavy duty custom coding.

But before I stick my foot in my mouth whisking you folks off to the feature/plugins section or perhaps the WPMU Jobs board, I will pass this on the a higher authority to see what the WPMU Dev lead developer has to say about this possibility and if by the off chance I am missing something here.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.