Can Membership send admin alerts?

Hi, How can let an admin, or specified membership manager know that a user had joined?

In the Communications area, all options seem to be directed only to the subscribing user. THere are no options to alert the admins that a user has joined. Maybe I am missing it.

• hazenreed
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi, and thanks. Yes, I get that simple notice, but am the webmaster. I’d like to direct a notice of a new membership to the organization’s membership director. She would like to know name, membership level, and some of the other stuff.

Any ideas?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Hazen,

Thank you for your reply.

You can achieve this using Membership Communications functionality. To send email to membership manager or admin user just add their email ids as an array in the following Membership file on line number 468 as shown below.

Membership plugin file:

membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.communication.php

Before Editing:

@wp_mail( $member->user_email, stripslashes( $original_subject ), $html_message );

After Editing:

@wp_mail( array($member->user_email, 'admin@mail.com', 'manager@mail.com' ), stripslashes( $original_subject ), $html_message );

If you don’t want to send mail to users then just remove $member->user_email, from the above code.

Note: You are making changes in the plugin file and these changes will be overwritten and lost when you update the plugin and you will have to make these again after plugin updation.

Best Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• hazenreed

Hello and thank you,

I see how your suggestion would achieve the goal, however, this will certainly be lost, as per your final note, on plug-in update. I think my request is one that would benefit more users than just us.

Can I make a request to add the feature of “Send admin email” where the field can accept a list of comma separated email addresses. This would certainly be better than hacking the code, yes?

Thank you

Hazen

• calvinrogercanas
    • New Recruit

@VaughanHello Hazen,

I hope you are doing well today :slight_smile:

You can just use the email forwarding method for this matter. You can forward the email to multiple emails with this method.

If you will choose this method your setup will be like this:

Create ‘admin@vaoba.info’ that is configured to forward the email to ‘admin_director@vaoba.info’ and ‘admin_president@vaoba.info’. You can add multiple emails to receive the same email that came from ‘admin@vaoba.info’ .

Note: You must use the admin@vaoba.info as the email address of your site’s admin to receive notifications of sign-ups.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Calvin

• hazenreed

Thank you for your reply. I understand that WordPress will send admin notification for any “NEW” users of the site. And yes your solution would achieve a partial resolution to my request, but not a total solution. Allowme to explain.

1. First, the site admin and the membership admins are two different people. Site Admins may be concerned about new users as would membership admins, however, membership admins do not need to know about other site administration activities. Sending these site wide notices to a person only concerned with membership will be come annoying and possibly very confusing.

2. The “NEW” user solution does not account for “RENEWED” users. Site users who renew a membership will not trigger the WordPress new user alert. As such, the membership manager will never be alerted to any renewed memberships.

3. Further more, in order to change the site’s list of admins, someone would have to have high-level access, either to WordPress, or to the client’s email addresses.

This is not a user-friendly solution. Sorry, but I think we do not have a fix here, yet.

Thank you

Hazen

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Hazen,

This functionality is not possible within the plugin, however, I will certainly add this to the feature requests section as it sounds like a reasonable request. However I can’t make any guarantees or provide any ETA’s of when this could likely be included at this time, so this wouldn’t help you in the short term, the only solution for the short term would be what Vinod suggested which would mean editing the plugin code.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.