Can membership subscriptions be linked?

Hi

I am wondering if there is a way to force people to pay before becoming live on the site. I assume I have missed something but the flow seems to be that people register and are therefore able to log in. They then go to the payement gateway to pay.

However if they simply don't bother with that they are still registered on the site. Surely you don't have to manually check they actually paid? I really need them to do that otherwise it is a little pointless.

All the best
John

• aristath

Hello there @john_sargent, I hope you're well today!

The Membership plugin's function is to restrict access to your site depending on your user's subscription level.
    True, users can login on your site even if they don't have a subscription.
    But they will continue to be restricted by the plugin and be treated the same as anonymous users if you've set-up the plugin correctly and your users will NEED to upgrade to a paid membership in order to actually access your content.

It's not meaningless... it's actually pretty elegant, as this way you also know who was interested in your services but didn't go through with the payment process!
    This way you can send newsletters to these users later on using our eNewsletter plugin, and make them an offer for example, offer them a coupon or whatever you want to make them come back and hopefully pay. :slight_smile:

I hope that clarifies the process!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.