Can my prosite subscribers install their own plugins

Can my prosite subscribers install their own plugins, if yes, then how do I enable that.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Rgds;

PC

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey PC,

In a WordPress Multisite, only the super admin can install a plugin. User can choose to activate any plugins that are not network activated by default.

If users had the ability to upload their own plugins, some bad guy would upload a script to wipe out the entire network some day. This is for security reasons.

The best you can do is to upload the plugins your users might need and then NOT network activate them. So that the users can choose to activate them individually. Makes sense?

Cheers!

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi PC

Arun’s correct and it is a security risk. Also both plugins and themes can cause compatibility issues.

However it is a common question you’ll be asked. We’re regularly asked by Edublogs users if they can either upload plugins or themes. So it is a good idea to work out a standard response to these type of support questions.

Our approach is we explain to users that plugins or themes that work on single installs of WordPress don’t necessary work, can be incompatible on Multisite and before installing we vigorously test. We also ask them for a link to the plugin or theme they want to use, and to let us know briefly why they want to use and then follow up to see if installing is an option.

Hope information about our approach helps!

Thanks!

Sue Waters

Edublogs Support Manager

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.