Can not activate Wiki Pro and when attempting it makes my admin section unaccessible

wpconfig = WP__DEBUG is set to true
phpini = error_reporting = E_ALL

php_error.log & apache error.log show nothing from today at all

When I enable Wiki Pro the admin section is white and going to /wiki on the front end shows it does not completely activate the pluging. I can only regain access to my admin dashboard by renaming the folder for wiki pro via ssh which then disables it and then everything back to normal.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Ali,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Wiki Pro plugin and setting wp debug to true but i didn't get any issue on activating it.

This can be due to plugin/theme conflict on your site.

You can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen and temporary deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the following flowchart to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Also would you mind if I access your site using FTP and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Ali,

Thank you for sending the site details.

I accessed your site using FTP details but didn't get the directory where you have installed your WordPress site. I got the directories as displayed in the attached screenshots.

I also checked the opt directory on your server but it's empty.

Could you please tell me the exact directory path of your WordPress install so that i can check it?

Also have you tried deactivating all other plugins as described in my previous reply?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ali

Also I have tried with other themes and so on. It does fail only when certain other plugins are enabled but ONLY this Wiki Pro plugin and nothing else. I can get this to work only if I disable everything else which is not a solution for a paid plugin that I bought. The code is obviously conflicting with core functions and maybe is not namespaced properly. Should be an easy fix that I hope I would not be forced to pay $99 to update to a working version after I already purchased this plugin

• Ash

Hello @Ali

I hope you are well today.

I think you have reported this is another thread where the conflict is with Fusion Core plugin. In that thread I have mentioned that I could not check the error log due to permission issue, I am closing the other thread and let's keep the discussion here.

Would you please send me the fusion core plugin so that I can try in my test site? Also, let me know the details if I need to use to setup fusion core plugin.

You can email to contact@womudev.org with subject line "Attn-Ash" and a link of this thread.

I will take a look.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @Ali

I have checked both plugins, I could not find the root of the plugin, but I have found a nasty workaround. Note that, this is not recommended, but you can give it a try.

Go to your wordpress root and find the file wp-settings.php, then look at line no 237 and 190, comment out both lines, like:

//do_action( 'plugins_loaded' );

//do_action( 'muplugins_loaded' );

If that works for you, and you want to keep using like that, every time you update your wordpress, you need to make this changes manually.

Again, editing core file is not a good solution at all.

Cheers
    Ash

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Ali,

I have troubleshooted the issue and found it's the issue in the following Fusion Core plugin file code

/wp-content/plugins/fusion-core/admin/class-pagebuilder.php

Code :

public static function get_instance() {
    	if( @user_can_richedit() ) {

// If the single instance hasn't been set, set it now.
    		if ( null == self::$instance ) {
    			self::$instance = new self;
    		}
    	} else {
    		add_action( 'edit_form_after_title', 'add_notice_of_disabled_rich_editor' );
    	}

return self::$instance;

}

You can see in the above code the function user_can_richedit is prefixed with @ symbol which is used to silence any php errors the function could raise. Find more information about it on the following page.

http://php.net/manual/en/language.operators.errorcontrol.php

If you just remove the @ symbol from the above code then it displays the error message something like following on activating the Wiki plugin.

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wpmu/wp-includes/query.php on line 28

The error occurs only with those plugins which don't use any of the hooks plugins_loaded or muplugins_loaded so it occurs with Wiki plugin which doesn't use these hooks.

You can temporary resolve the issue by editing the code in the above function as following.

public static function get_instance() {
    	// if( user_can_richedit() ) {

// If the single instance hasn't been set, set it now.
    		if ( null == self::$instance ) {
    			self::$instance = new self;
    		}
    	// } else {
    	// 	add_action( 'edit_form_after_title', 'add_notice_of_disabled_rich_editor' );
    	// }

return self::$instance;

}

Please note you are making changes in Fusion core the plugin file therefore you have to make these changes again after plugin updation as changes made in the plugin file get lost on plugin updation.

I recommend you to report this issue to the Avada theme developer so that it will be fixed in their plugin.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ash

Hello @Ali

This is great that @Vinod Dalvi could reach at the root of the issue :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, is there also a way to call the hook inside the Wiki plugin and fix it from that side?

In the fusion core plugin, I am afraid there is no hook available. The problem is user_can_richedit() function is called before initiating everything in wordpress, or it uses some function that is not called yet. It needs to be fixed from theme fusion's end.

You can ask in their support about this issue and give a reference of this thread.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @Ali

The problem is user_can_richedit is a wordpress built in function and if you read the function name again, you will realize that this function is related to roles and capabilities (capabilities mainly). Wiki plugin plays with some capabilities too, so I believe conflict arises right then. Most of the plugins doesn't use their own custom capabilities, so chance of conflict is less. I believe they will take a look on that issue and provide a good advice.

If they refer anything to our end, that needs to be fixed, please feel free to let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.