Can not add service provider, the button blocked

Can not add service provider on the back end, the button is blocked

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Marie Chausse, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I'm presently having issues logging in via the Support Access you granted, would you happen to have a security plugin in place on your site? If so, then could you disable it temporarily please, and revoke & re-enable Support Access?

Or, if you rather, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form, so I can have a closer look at why this is happening on your site:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Marie,

I tried to access your website but the support access is blocked. Could you check this?

I've tested adding new service providers on my test site and it was working fine. Could you check if there are any errors in browser console (https://developers.google.com/web/tools/javascript/console/console-ui )? Can you tell me how many users do you have in your WordPress?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Marie Chausse,

I do see this error coming up in the browser console, when I go to the "Service Providers" tab in Appointments+'s settings:

Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list - admin.php?page=app_settings&tab=workers:584

I'm still finding myself unable to replicate this on my own site however, it's possible that we've got a conflict on our hands here.

Could I ask you to have a go at the troubleshooting flowchart provided at the bottom of our Getting Support page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Let me know what the result is please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Marie Chausse,

I believe you're referring to this error here:

There seems to be something wrong with the WP Heartbeat API state. The "Pending Appointments count notification" add-on might not work properly because of this.

This would be Appointments+ notifying you that there's an issue with WordPress's Heartbeat API. To try to provide a brief explanation about what that API is:

It's a mechanism built in to WordPress that provides a frequent synchronization between the client (the browser) and the server (the WordPress site). The API provides some hooks and methods that allows other plugins (like Appointments+), themes, or custom code to send and receive data attached in that communication.

(we've got a lengthy discussion over here about it, which I borrowed & tweaked the quote from)

With the notice from Appointments+, it's basically saying "something's wrong with this mechanism, and as a result, our "Pending Appointments count notification" add-on may not work properly".

I've gone and installed the Heartbeat Control plugin for you, and modified the update frequency for WordPress's Heartbeat API to 30 seconds, let's see if it helps get the API back under control.

Now, as for the issue with the providers, that still looks to be caused by something else, I'd like to have a deeper look at things though to investigate this further. I'll send you an email asking for the FTP access details, if you could reply to that email with those details, I'd be glad to look into this further. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Marie Chausse,

After looking into this further, the issue was actually caused by the French translation for Appointments+, it was closing some JavaScript code too soon, and disrupted the functionality.

I've made a tweak to the French translation, and uploaded it to your site, and I'm now able to add providers on your site. Can you confirm the same on your end please? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.