can not delete messages

Hi, I activated messages so people can be contacted inside wordpress directly.
To send messages works well but delete does not work. I have to set the message to archive and than I click the trash. When I reload the page the message appears again. Also all send messages can not be deleted.
How can I delete messages so that these messages are totally deleted?

thanks and kind regards R.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello FLYINGFOX , hope you're doing well!

I can't replicate the same on my installation. Archived messages were deleted on my site. Please try to clear site's cache after deleting an archived message. The message might be still showing because of the cache files. If you do not have a cache plugin, please try WP Supper Cache or the Simple Cache.

If this is not related to cache, and the issue still persist, would you please try replicating the same with all other plugins deactivated? If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Please see the instructions here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• FLYINGFOX
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

o.k. I try this out. I still can not delete send messages. There is no trash to delete send messages. There is also no way to delete messages in backend as an admin. So I am thinking if I am using this plugin my wordpress could mess up with lots of messages. How to prevent this?

Thanks and kind regards R.

• FLYINGFOX
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Mmm, I think there could be some approvements to the plugin. Following I figured out:
    It is not a problem of other plugins.

When I delete a message which is in the inbox I press the "to archive" button.
    In archive I can delete the message.
    What weird is, the shown messages are still on the right side even if I don't click a message.
    When I click than on inbox or archive the messages are deleted.
    BUT
    The messages in send box are still there. They can not be deleted. There is no button to delete a send message.
    When I now click on a send message the system pulls it back to the inbox. So I got into a loop everytime I press on a read message in sendbox.
    So like other messages services it would be good to delete also send messages. This is not working.
    It would be also helpfull to delete messages as an admin on backend.

Do you think you can improve that?

Thanks and kind regards R.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello FLYINGFOX,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Right now it is not possible to move messages from sent box to archive. That's why it is not possible to delete these either.

However, I can not replicate the issue of getting sent messages in inbox. I mean, when I click on sent message, it does not bring it to inbox.

Also, there is no option to add the messages delete option in WordPress admin at the moment.

Since this ticket was originally raised for can not delete messages issue, that is not sorted. If you need these features to be considered in future version of this this plugin, then please create a new ticket in Features and Feedback section.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello FLYINGFOX,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Could you please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look at sent message coming back to inbox on your site ?

To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.