Can not downgrade my hosting plan from Gold to Silver

I’m trying to downgrade my plan from Gold to silver. It’s not letting me downgrade from gold to silver.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi zspri

Hope you are doing good today.

This issue has been flagged for our Hosting SLS Team so that they can dig into this issue further for you. We will post an update here as soon as more information is available.

Please keep in mind that our Team deals with more complicated issues, so it may take a little longer for them to reply here. Thank you for your patience while we look into this further.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Juan Carlos
    • Systems

Have a nice day zspri !

This site was upgraded to Platinum then it was downgraded to Gold. Please note that downgrading more than one level may require a DNS change and for our support team to help process manually. This is because of technical limitations around storage space in the environment. In these cases, you can request for a site migration, we’ll set up a new hosting environment at the desired plan, and manually migrate the site’s files and content over.

You can review the Documentation about Plans & Usage Limits

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/hosting/overview/#plans-usage-limits

Kind regards!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi zspri,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’m afraid, downgrade to Silver isn’t possible out of the box due to the restrictions mentioned by Juan in the previous response.

In order to switch to Silver plan, you’ll have to create a new site with Silver Hosting plan 1st in the Hosting Panel, and then use our inbuilt migration tool to migrate the website from Gold to Silver as shown in the following screenshot:

We have added a credit of 80 to your account so that you could create a new Silver plan website without any issue, once the website is created you could use the inbuilt migration tool in your source website to migrate from a site hosted in Gold to Silver.

The inbuilt migration tool is quite straight forward, the newly created website should get listed once you click the “Begin Migration” link as shown in the screenshot.

Please do check, and let us know if you have any further query.

Regards,

Nithin

• zspri
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi, already completed this step PRIOR to making this request. The fact that you did not notice makes it seem like you are providing an automated response without really looking into the issue. You had mentioned,

you can request for a site migration, we’ll set up a new hosting environment at the desired plan, and manually migrate the site’s files and content over.

. Please go ahead and do so as requested. I am running on a very tight deadline

• zspri
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I am once again requesting you to migrate my site as you promised, “…you can request for a site migration, we’ll set up a new hosting environment at the desired plan, and manually migrate the site’s files and content over.” I formally asked you previously by writing, “Please downgrade/MIGRATE to Silver as requested as requested 5 days ago…”. You said you would manually migrate the site for me. Please do as you have said. Time is of the essence. Length of ticket is now at > 2 weeks. Onc ticket resolved, please add SSL certs as also requested in different ticket

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.