Can Not get Domain Mapping to function properly

i have installed wordpress multisite on my primary domain (waynehall.org) the multisite functionality is working fine as i can see the subdomain in the browser. I then map the domain and now when i paste the subdomain into the browser i can see the address switch over to my domain anewfranchise.com how ever the page is completely empty. it does not show the default wordpress blog install that i was able to see through the subdomain. I purchased a dedicated ip address for the primary domain as well. I have the WPMU Dev plugin installed in case you would like support access to the site.

thanks for your help,
Wayne

• Vaughan

Hi Wayne,

Hope you're well?

It looks as though that domain has just been purchased today/updated today, therefore it's currently unavailable untill the DNS changes fully propogate which can take anywhere from 10 mins to 72hrs (Though it's rarely more than several hours these days)

Hopefully it should start to work in a few hours, there's nothing you can really do till then.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan

hi,

I receive a DNS issue with that domain.

The server at anewfranchise.com can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

So, something is wrong with the DNS settings of that domain.

I can't even ping or do a traceroute on that domain name, so something is definitely not configured correctly. Have you asked your webhost at all?

I do see in your screenshot for the A records, there isn't a hostname entered in the A record, i'm sure there whould be the domain name there such as anewfranchise.com

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.