Can not log in via ultimate Facebook

I installed the latest version of the Ultimate Facebook on a one day old wp mu, buddypress installation and to become member using it worked fine (even though I needed to kill of the Captcha since I myself can not read it.. a refresh button would be highly appreciated :wink: ) but now when trying to log in that really doesn't work at all.

I end up on the same page I try to log in from and am still locked out of the system.

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi hannapanna thanks for being a member and for using the forum.

Do you have a link at all for the site so I can have a look?

Im not sure what you mean by youve killed off the captcha as UFB doesnt add any captchas...as far as Im aware.

I think a link would really help me help you here so I can see if your pages are producing any JS errors etc.

Ta

• hannapanna
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I used the tick box to kill of captcha so that was not so seriously hard.

However even though I appreciate the help offer I don't feel like posting a link in the open since I'm right now feel like killing of the website forever (nothing seems to work not even on a fresh install) :slight_frown:

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

OK thats cool, always a lot easier to drill down the issues with a link tbh.

Normally FB plugin issues stem from having more than one FB related plugin and they are both calling the FB code. Do you have any other plugins which are using/linking with FB?

• hannapanna

Not to my knowledge. I'm using the MU theme which have a built in functionality for FB but those are disabled and I really hope that is not the thing messing it up. I have very few plugins installed and was initially thinking one of them was messing up the log in but can not figure out which one that would be :s

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

OK if the MU theme has some built in functions but you have disabled them, does that mean there is an option to say "Dont load FB Javascript as its loaded elsewhere" or something similar?

The best way to find out is switch all your plugins off (except UFB) and then see if the login works. If it does then you know its one of the other plugins conflicting....turn them all on one by one and check the login after each one to nail down the culprit.

You should also get Firefox and Firebug installed if you havent already. Open your site up in FF and switch on Firebug, this will show you any errors etc.....if its a FB error then you will probably see multiple instances of FB ROOT.

Im not to familiar with the mu theme tbh. But dont give up dude! Nothing thats ever really worthwhile comes easily! I get it all the time with sites, you think its never going to work and everything is against you. Sometimes its best to take a step back and come back to it fresh eyed after a break. And worst come to the worst get a pro to install everything for you.

• hannapanna

Thanks! I took a huge step back yesterday and deleted the complete installation and reinstalled it all fresh and now it feels I need to do the same thing again cause now the errors come hand in hand and I'm not sure what's messing things up and I have no problem using my mu installation at another domain using the same theme..

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Well if you switch of every plugin you have does the site act as normal?

It will be something simple, a re-install wont fix the issue I doubt.

What are the differences between the two sites then? Different plugins? If so this may give you a clue as to what the issue might be?

Cheers

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greetings hannapanna,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

It seems that we have got quite a bit of support for you here from our great members which is really great to see.

I'm right now feel like killing of the website forever (nothing seems to work not even on a fresh install) :slight_frown:

I understand that you are facing a few problems starting the site and it happens at times. We are here to help you get going :slight_smile:

I would like to have a look @ the settings for you so that I can see what exactly is going on. It seems that it might be a problem with the extended permissions which need to be modified in the fp app.

Please let me know if that is fine for me to have a look at your admin settings?

Cheers
    PC

• hannapanna

I killed of the original site - again.. - thinking that may solve the problem which it didn't.

However now (after uninstalling the facebook plugin on the third construction of this site in two days) I've just come to the realization that the MU- theme does not allow you to log in in a smooth way.

Using the regular log in button which comes with the theme and that you can chose to either activate or deacitvate on top of the page don't lead you anywhere and the regular log in that comes with wordpress logs you in but only after first telling you that was not possible and the page could not be found so I'm thinking that's the initial problem with the plugin even though it doesn't explain the secondary problem which I experienced on the second installation where I tried it without any MU theme installed..

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again,

I have tested that on my lab site and it worked fine. I am gonna have to do more tests and see if I can establish any reason for this not working for you.

If you want me to have a look at your UF settings, please let me know.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya !

Greetings :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see if you got this sorted out here, or in some other thread !

If yes, that is great no need to post :slight_smile: Sit back and relax and we wish you all the best for the projects you are working on !

Should you have any further questions, please lemme know and I will be right on it !

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.