Can not select site categories for my sites

I can’t select the categories for sites on my network. When I go to settings and select site categories the drop down shows my categories in light grey and can not be selected.

Thanks

• T-chan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Dout!

We ran into same problem that you encountered and wondering how you got the categories to show instead of the grey.

I have been trying to figure it out but unable to see any solution. The plugin is network activated.

Thank You!

• T-chan

OK! Got it solved. For others that might run into same issue, this statement:

When displaying Site Categories on the Landing page using the Grid or Accordion styles. It is advisable to set this option to no. This option controls the dropdown categories options on the New Site form as well as the Settings page within wp-admin.

Yes

No

is kinda mis-leading. You need to chose “Yes” for the categories to show.

• T-chan

Good-morning, Mr.Paul!

When we activated the plugin on a client's site, add the categories with the desc. and try to chose the categories to add, all of the categories were un-clickable. They were all greyed out. Same applied when you go "Create A New Site".

So we try to figured out why and since there is no solution to this (as all the good folks who solved the problem didn't say how they handled it), we decided to use elimination process. The solution was found when "Category parents selectable" to "Yes" and bingo …. the categories came alive.

Dunno what this got to do with it but this is how we solved it and hope that it will be OK. I have attached the screen-shot as you requested.

Have a great day!

Thank You!

PS:Please is there any reason you can think of why we cannot create a new site via site's "create a new site" from this link: http://somesite.com//blogs/create/?

The page will re-load and stay where it is without creating the site. We are using Multi-Domain and Domain Mapping. And when the Domain Mapping plugin was described as "A domain mapping plugin that can handle sub-directory installs and global logins", does it mean it is only for sub-directory multi-sites? Again, thanks!

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@knighthawkxiv, Ah yes that option Category parents selectable has a specific function. There are some users who have multi-level Site Categories. And this does effect the display of the categories dropdown on the new site form.

So basically some site admin may define top-level Site Categories like Cooking, Vacations, etc. Within Cooking there are sub-categories like Italian, French, etc.

This option lets the network admin prevent the new site admin from selecting the top-level categories.

The option is set to ‘Yes’ by default which means all categories should be selectable.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.