Can not update any plugin from WPMUDEV Dashboard

Can not update any plugin from WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin and when granted support access the agent can not access the site also. There is no extra plugin for security.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello lance aligiannis

I hope you're well today!

i checked the site and I think the first thing to do would be a WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin update. The site's using 4.4 version and since than there were new releases and changes in our API as well. It's very important to keep the WPMU DEV Dashboard up to date as it provides all the connectivity between the site and The Hub which is essential.

Since the update cannot be preformed from the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin itself, it will have to be done manually. First, you will need to download the newest version of WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin from this page (click on a big "Download" button there):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Once you got a zip file downloaded, login to your site and:

- go to "Plugins -> All plugins" page
    - disable and delete the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin from there
    - go to "Plugins -> Add new" page and click on "Upload" button there
    - use "Browse" button to select the downloaded zip file and then "Install" and "Activate" buttons to install and enable plugin.

Plugin should pick up connection but it might require you to log it in again to your WPMU DEV account. Once that's done, see if you can install/update plugins from there.

I'd also suggest updating the WordPress itself to the most recent version as it's currently 4.7.9 which is quite old already.

Give it a try please and if none of that together helps, let me know, please and I'll investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi lance aligiannis,

I had a look at your site and there are console errors on both Plugins and WPMU DEV plugins pages and most likely these are causing the update to break.

Do you perhaps have a staging site where you can update your WP version because you're still on 4.7.x and 4.7 was released back in 2016 so it's possible that this is the cause and checking this on staging site should tell us if this is indeed the issue.

Also, can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

//Enable WPMU DEV Dashboard debug
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG', true);
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG_ALL', true);

Try to update plugins from both Plugins and WPMU DEV > Plugins pages and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.