Can not update event after it is published

Hi,

I just have an issue where I can't update an event once I have published it. I'm just doing it through the back-end, not the front-end add on. Everything thing else in the plugin seems to work fine.

Thanks
Nick

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nick,

Hope you are well today!

This is a bug in the current version and will be patched in an upcoming release. The reason it does this is because it doesn't think that a date is selected even though you selected the date when you published it.

Work-around: Simply re-select the end date again then the update button should activate :slight_smile: ie. If your event end date is June 18th then click it and select June 18th again.

Hope this helps! If not, post back and we'll troubleshoot the issue further.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Nicholas Coupland
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you for the information. I think I also have come across another issue, this time with styling. With the Event Countdown add-on it isn't displaying correctly with no styles being applied to it at all. The Next Event Countdown is fine however. Just wanted to let you know in case no one has reported this one.

Thanks
    Nick

• Nicholas Coupland

Hi Tyler,

I have run the most current update of event's and the styling issue is still visible. I have attached a screenshot.

Also is it correct the the Next Event Countdown only works for the current month? I have set a test event for June and the Next Event Countdown works perfectly however if my next event isn't until July or a later month nothing appears in the countdown? is this how it should work?

Thanks for your help.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nick,

Hope you are well today! I tested this out on my own installation and wasn't able to reproduce the formatting issue - I also visited your site and the formatting appeared fine there. Were you able to resolve that one?

As for the Next Event Countdown issue, that appears to be a bug. It should definitely be showing through to the next month. I will notify the developer on this one, thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

If you experience any further issues or have any questions, let us know!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Nicholas Coupland

Hi Tyler,

The formatting appears fine when I view the 'Next Event Countdown' on my main Events page with the calendar view, however when I go to the single event view and use the 'Event Countdown' shortcode the formatting is still broken. It must be a css conflict with my theme so I will try the twentyforteen theme and see how I go. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Nick

• Nicholas Coupland

Hi Tyler,

So I'm a little closer to figuring it out. The formatting works perfectly for the 'Event Countdown' shortcode when it is used in the page content. However when it is used in the sidebar using the do_shortcode function it breaks. About to pull through some css to see if I can find the issue.

Nick

• Nicholas Coupland

Sorry for so many post but I've figured it out. When I am on a single event post for some reason it wasn't loading the jquery.countdown.css file. If I copy and paste this css into my main styles.css everything works fine. Not sure if it's a bug or my theme but it's a quick fix until I can think of a better solution.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @nickcoupland, I hope you're well today!

Good catch!
    I was unable to replicate this on 3 other installations I tried it on, so it's safe to assume that it's a conflict with your current theme..

Thanks for posting your solution here! I'm sending some rep points your way. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.