Can not update subscribe by email plugin

I cannot update subscribe by email plugin. In the plugin page there is no link to 'update automatically' and in WP Updates I can select the plugin and click 'Update Plugin' but nothing happens. I get the details and version history, and extensive installation instructions but no links to update. I really don't want to download and manually install the updates and I only have this one WPMU plugin installed, so don't want to use WPMU dashboard. What to do?

• Vinod Dalvi
      • WP Unicorn

Hi @Pixeldrummer,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Are you getting any error message when you try to update the plugin automatically using WPMU DEV dashboard plugin?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Regards,
      Vinod Dalvi

• Pixeldrummer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you. I didn't mention that I didn't have a separate menu item to access the WPMU dashboard, so I couldn't update through it, although it was installed and activated.

After I deactivated the plugin and reactivated it, I got the menu item and could update the subscribe by email plugin. HOWEVER, there seems to be a conflict with Bullet Proof Security, because it suddenly reverted back to unsecured mode. After I set up the core files in that plugin both seem to work now.

This incompatibility showed itself before. Perhaps there should be an investigation regarding interaction of your plugins with the BPS plugin. On another site I could not use BPS because your membership plugin is not at all compatible with it and I needed membership more.

• Pixeldrummer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The functionality of WPMU dashboard seemed to be affected. I didn't have menu integration in the WP dashboard, that's why I couldn't update WPMU plugins. I deactivated and reactivated Dashboard and the menu appeared but the BPS reset to not secure. After I secured the core files in BPS, both seemed to be working.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.