Can one auto blog feed be given priority over others?

For SteemNews.net, I have Autoblog set up for three feeds. Two of these feeds are automatic, while the other depends upon me voting on it in order to be featured.

On the site, we have the feeds set up according to priority.
A News feed is on the right.
A Newslink feed is at the bottom.
Both of these are automatic, according to tags in the original article on Steemit.com.

The Featured section requires me to republish it on Steemit, which puts it in a feed for a specific account that is just for this purpose. I have to read those articles and decide if I want them published.

Here's what I'm finding, I think. If the article has already been published as News or Newslink, then when I try to Feature it, it won't change the tag and move to the featured area.

Is there a way to force this to happen with the plugin settings? Maybe by using the "override duplicates" option?

If I do use that option, does it edit the current article or delete and post anew? In other words, if there is discussion/comments on the article when it got published as a News article, will those comments remain when the plugin overrides the duplicate and posts with the new Featured tag?

I hope that made sense. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Joe

• Luís

Hi Nitrous Cloud ,

Hope you're doing well today!

If I understood well your question and looking for your setup, if you want the post be displayed in the "Featured" section, you change it to the desired category, right?

From what I tested in my install, you should be able to add new tags or assign the post to a different category after pulled it using Auto Blog and using the "override duplicates" option, it will override the post content, but it will not change the tags and categories added (and will not delete any comment added previously).

Also, I made some tests in your website, creating a new feed and after pulled the posts, I changed the category to the post be displayed in the Featured section and it worked properly.

Please, let me know if I am missing something.

Cheers, Luís

• Nitrous Cloud

Hi Luis,

No, that won't really work for us. We hope to have a couple dozen featured articles a day, all of which have to be curated from hundreds. The goal is to take as many steps out of the process as possible, not add more.

#news category automatically publishes
    #newslink category automatically publishes

#steemitnews we want to publish when I promote it on the steemit.com site (where it originates). Then, because it becomes part of my RSS feed on that site, the third feed on this site publishes it.

Often people use the first two tags, so the article is already on my site when I promote it on the other site. I don't want to have to continuously go and search out these same articles on my site. That would sort of defeat the purpose of having the third feed. Rather, I want the third feed to overrule the #news one, making it a #steemitnews one, which is the featured one.

So when I promote the third feed, I either need the article promoted to automatically change from #news to #steemit.news or to at least add the #steemit.news category. How can this be done?

Thanks!
    Joe

• Luís

Hi Nitrous Cloud ,

Hope you're doing well today!

From what I tested, once the post is pulled, it will not update the category, even using the "override duplicates" option.

So, if the post was already pulled and added to a certain category, if in the original site, you change (or promote) to other post category the target site will not be updated.

Unfortunately, Auto Blog was not designed to do this, it will only change/update the post content. I think it would be a great feature, so, if you are interested, I can move this topic over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

If this is a urgent requirement, I would like to suggest to use our Jobs Board, in order to try find a skilled developer that can help you to achive your goal:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Cheers, Luís