Can one control individual plugin add-ons (including one off fees) with Pro Sites?

I have a client who wants to sell hosting with different levels which will equate to different features/plugins/themes.

They want a time limited free trial, then the customer pays monthly to continue and get some more features enabled.

Pro Site seems to be the plugin to use. But I have some specific questions.

I think we could do the trial as a 'basic' level for free, then have an 'extra' paid level to enable extra goodies. But then how do we cut the 'basic' ones off after the trial period if they don't pay?

Secondly, my client also wants to sell specific add-ons (eg. domain mapping, more space), which may be one-off fee or another separate monthly fee. Can Pro Sites do this?

If there is a better plugin or combination of plugins can you recommend them.

• aecnu

Greetings Mike Little,

Thank you for these great questions and significant items to bring up.

I think we could do the trial as a 'basic' level for free, then have an 'extra' paid level to enable extra goodies. But then how do we cut the 'basic' ones off after the trial period if they don't pay?

The trial free trial in Pro Sites work in such a way that it will literally downgrade an account to the "Free Level" after a certain amount of time.

The free level is an add supported level that does not end or have an ending date unless it is ended manually.

There is a facility to make them all pay without a free trial or level.

So the scenario is best described as:

It come with a free level forever or no free level at all.

The free level can have a free trial of one of the higher levels and after a specified period of time and during that free trial time or at the end they pay or reduced to free level if they do not pay.

It can be made that there is no free level.

Secondly, my client also wants to sell specific add-ons (eg. domain mapping, more space), which may be one-off fee or another separate monthly fee. Can Pro Sites do this?

Not the one off fee but otherwise yes.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles

@Mike Little

As super Admin you can enable anything on sites on an individual bases, using the sites menu in you network admin dashboard. just click edit on the site you want to do this for and scroll down to see the options.

Trial periods can be set at whatever level or length you want them to, after it expires if they havent paid it will drop to the default level (free)

Or you can simply archive the site so when they pay it will be re activated.

As for the second part, again just simply recieve the payment from the client and ac tivate the plugins on a per site basis

• Mike Little

aecnu and tom.eagles: Thanks for your replies so far.

Thinking about the free trial, maybe we could make the basic level a paid option, but issue "free trial" coupons to the value of one month or whatever the free trial period.

That way they will automatically be suspended (or archived?) when the period expires.

Thanks also for the tip on manually enabling plugins, etc. I guess we could use marketpress or similar for the one off sales.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.