Can people pay without a PayPal account?

I've used PayPal to take payments before and there has always been an option to pay with a credit card without the need for the customer to have a PayPal account. But with this plugin it takes the customer to a PayPal page that only has two options: "Pay with PayPal Account" or "Create PayPal Account". Is there something that can be done about this?

• Brashell

No, this is all handled through the PayPal area, we don't have the ability to change the buttons on the PayPal site unfortunately. I am seeing the same buttons on my site as well, but when I click the option I need to create a PayPal account (where available). I am able to put my CC info directly there. Now if you are using a service like PayPal pro you can accept credit cards without the person leaving the site and no need for a PayPal account. I believe this is available for Appointments+

• PC

Hello there Daniel,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

Unfortunately that is not possible. Its only possible using PayPal standard and not PayPal express which is used in A+

As Brashell kindly suggested above, that is possible with PayPal pro but A+ doesn't support that out fo the box but yeah, it does support MarketPress integration which is designed to allow your users to book multiple appointments in a single checkout, and MarketPress supports PayFlow and many other gateways including the below :

2Checkout
    Authorize.net AIM Checkout
    eWay Shared Payments
    eWay Rapid 3.0 Payments (beta)
    Google Checkout
    iDEAL (beta)
    Manual Payments
    Moneybookers
    PayPal Payflow Pro
    Paymill (beta)
    PayPal Express Checkout
    PIN (beta)
    Simplify Commerce by MasterCard
    Stripe

It is however a good feature which can be added to the plugin. I have moved this thread to "Features and Feedback" category so that others can vote on this as well and we can push it up the development queue.

Cheers
    PC

• Daniel

Thanks for the responses. That's very helpful. In my opinion, the need to have a PayPal account will be a major deterrent for at least some of my potential customers. I don't mind some small upfront costs to remove this obstacle (like purchasing the MarketPress plugin) but I need to avoid monthly charges at all costs.

It looks like PayPal Payflow comes in a "Pro" and a "Link" version, with the Pro version requiring monthly recurring charges. Does MarketPress not support Payflow Link?

What would you recommend I do to get the ability to pay without an account while not incurring monthly charges?

• PC

Hey there,

Sorry for the delay in response here as I was away due to baby birth.

What would you recommend I do to get the ability to pay without an account while not incurring monthly charges?

The only thing I can think of is PayPal which doesn't charge you for a monthly account but PayPal express will need your user to create an account.

MarketPress supports PayFlow Pro https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/payflow-payment-gateway and it doesn't have a monthly fee

Stripe doesn't have a monthly fee : https://stripe.com/us/pricing

2CO as well doesn't charge any monthly fee I think : https://www.2checkout.com/pricing/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC

Thanks a lot for your wishes Daniel :slight_smile:

Sorry for missing your thread again. I am still struggling to start working in full force. But happy that I am slowly picking pace again !

PayPal only supports PayFlow Pro at the moment and not PayFlow Link :slight_frown:

If you are looking for something which doesnt charge you a monthly fee, then you should also look at 2CO that is also a great option :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.