Can Protected Content display different content to members vs visitors?

I'm building a site that features audio stories. I want everyone (members or visitors) to be able to read the text of the post (which describes the audio). At the bottom of the post, signed-in members will see links to play or download the audio, but I want visitors to see info about registering.

I know this is possible to do using Membership, but is it possible to do this with Protected Content?

Thanks in advance

• Tyler Postle

hey Musicmann,

Hope you're doing well today!

So it's the content only to the visitor that you're wanting here right? You're right, that's possible with Membership, but not with Protected Content yet. I'll mark this as a feature request :slight_smile:

In the meantime, if you wrap the content in a unique class or ID then you can hide it to all your logged in members :slight_smile: by hiding it with the .logged-in class or if you want to hide it to just users with a membership then you can use the unique membership classes. Each membership adds it's own class to the body.

Let us know if that would work in the meantime?

The CSS would be something like this:

.ms-363 .unique-class {
    display: none;
    }

Hope this helps! Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Philipp Stracker

Actually this is possible at the moment via shortcodes.

To display a message based on the login-status use this shortcode:

[ms-user type="guest"]
    You are a guest, please register or login.
    [/ms-user]

[ms-user type="loggedin"]
    Welcome back :-)
    [/ms-usesr]

If you want to display a message to users based on their membership level you can use this shortcode:

[ms-protect-content id="10,20,30"]
    This sentence is displayed to logged in users that are members of either membership 10, 20 or 30
    [/ms-protect-content]

[ms-protect-content id="10,20,30" access="false"]
    This sentence is displayed to all users that are NOT members of membership 10, 20 or 30
    [/ms-protect-content]

You find a complete list of shortcodes with descriptions in your WordPress dashboard: Protected Content > Help > Shortcodes

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.