Can Q&A Email Admin on new question posting

I have the Q&A plugin installed and working - however I would like to receive a notification when anyone posts a new question. Is this something that is already built into the plugin? If not, how would I go about getting it to function in this manner?

Alexander

@WS_Hostmaster,

This isn't built into the plugin. You can set an email for notifications if a question is reported. However just having an admin notification on a new Question isn't available.

But, because the plugin already sends an email to the user when a question is posted, it might not be hard to modify this function to include the admin as well.

Would you be interested in trying this? Let me know, and I can look into it further to see what can be done.

Best regards, Alexander Rohmann

WS_Hostmaster

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the quick response.

I believe I can work around this with the built-in user email enrollment - though it would be a bit simpler if I could input one or more emails in the plugin settings for new question notifications.

For instance, at some point I may have email addresses that aren't tied to user accounts that I want notifications to go out to. To be able to enable that without creating dummy accounts would be very beneficial.

Thanks

Alexander

Sure, that makes sense. I can move this to the feature request section so it can be considered for a later release.

As for the modification, I checked anyway in case you ever need to come back to this. The plugin allows for additional email headers via a filter. So you could probably do something like this:

function qa_add_custom_email($headers,$post) {
    $headers['bcc'] = 'another.email@address.com';
    }
    add_filter('qa_message_headers','qa_add_custom_email,0,2);

Then just include that code within a plugin or your theme's functions.php

I haven't tested this, but that would be the filter to use and you can find it on line 269 of edit.php as part of the "_insert_post" function.

Hope this helps!

Best regards, Alexander Rohmann