Can Ruby on Rails be intergrated into Wordpress?

Hello, Can I please ask a Hypothetical question?
I run a reseller business and the backing script that runs it is in RoR and html. I do not have access to the back end.
What I am thinking of doing for ease of daily management is running the site from WP. If I take the various script inputs from the templates I have and inject them into the WP framework where needed would it have a hope in hells chance of running??
thanks in advance.
david

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi David,

Thank you for your question.

Hello, Can I please ask a Hypothetical question?

Yes sure, we are here to help you.

I have not integrated it but i think it can be.

What type of integration do you want?

I run a reseller business and the backing script that runs it is in RoR and html. I do not have access to the back end.

Do you mean you don't have database access?

If I take the various script inputs from the templates I have and inject them into the WP framework where needed would it have a hope in hells chance of running??

Which script inputs are you talking about?

Could you please explain it a bit more in detail so that i can help you in it?

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• David H

Thank you for the response.

I have since managed to get in touch with the development team who wrote the script I refer to. They are saying that this has been looked at before but there are too many conflicts to make it a viable working solution.

BUT...

They do have a full API support which deals with all the things I need and can be inserted into wordpress, by adding the API calls to a page I believe. There is a supporting doc which I have spent a few hours going through.

The problem now is that understanding the API and how to use it is no more clear to me that ruby. Even the explanation docs are more advanced than my tech ability. It gives examples but I'm damned if I can get them to work! Arhhhhh!!

Thinking of looking for a WP/API developer to give me a hand.

Thanks
    david

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.