Can Snapshot backup only to Dropbox with no files left on the server?

Does Snapshot always create a backup on the server in the uploads/snapshot directory?

I have a backup set to a Dropbox destination but it still saves a backup on the server. Is there a way to not have it on the server too?

I would like to have 30 days of backups saved on my Dropbox and 0 saved on my WP server. Is there a way to set this up?

After playing with it for a few hours, and having it run for the last day, I don't see that as an option. Thanks.

• aristath

Hello there @fox, I hope you're well today!

Does Snapshot always create a backup on the server in the uploads/snapshot directory?

Yes.

I have a backup set to a Dropbox destination but it still saves a backup on the server. Is there a way to not have it on the server too?

You can simply set the number of backups to be kept on your server to 1.
    This way, only the latest backup will be kept locally.
    I'm afraid that there always will be a backup kept in your server for security reasons.

I would like to have 30 days of backups saved on my Dropbox and 0 saved on my WP server. Is there a way to set this up?

As far as I know no, this is not possible out of the box.
    However I have notified the plugin developer on this one, perhaps he knows a way to do this.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Paul

@fox,

Yes and no. Yes, snapshot creates local archives. Then optionally will send those archive to Dropbox, AWS, FTP, etc. But no the snapshot directory does NOT need to be the uploads/snapshot folder. Go to Snapshots > Settings. The first section allows you to set this folder to be anywhere on your server. including outside of your website. Of course that depends on your exact server setup.

Correct, On the snapshot backup configuration you can control the number of local backups. Snapshot doe snot at this time manage the remote backups. You will need to manage that yourself.

Not able to do that with the current version of Snapshot.

If it's set to 1 for the backups kept on server, will that delete my Dropbox backup each day too? I know I'll find out tomorrow now that I've changed the setting but will ask now. :slight_smile:

Again to be clear that has been requested from other members and is being considered for some near future addition to Snapshot.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.