Can Snazzy maps be used within Google Maps?

Hi,

Is it possible to use Snazzy Maps code in the Google Maps plugin?
I tried adding some Snazzy maps code into "Additional CSS" field in Options, but that had no effect.

Greetings,
  • Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello jongag1,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have not tried that before but since it says, it adds styles to any google map then it should work with Google Maps plugin too.

What code you tried add in your site via additional CSS ?

Also, did you tried using Snazzy Maps official WordPress plugin ? If no then try it out and check how it goes:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/snazzy-maps/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello jongag1,
    Hope you are doing good :slight_smile:

Okay so problem seems to be with embedding the code into site rather than its not working at all. Right ?

If that is the case, then you can add the code by using the Simple Embed Code or a similar plugin.

In case, it is something else then please explain and show me an example google map on Upfront powered site so I could take a closer look.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• jongag1
    • The Crimson Coder

I would love to see this getting implemented in the Google Maps plugin so i don't need to install an extra plugin. i love to use as less plugins ass possible :slight_smile:

Please consider my post as a feature request!

With kind regards,
  • Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello jongag1,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

We love client's feedback and suggestions but this is something we can not entertain. Since it requires integration with third party that already provided out of the box technique to use styles with any form on a website.

I tested it with Google Maps plugin and it works just fine too as you can see in the screenshot below.

I used their plugin for WordPress to apply this style to Google Maps plugin. This is really easy way to use those styles on an existing map of a WordPress website.

So I am assuming, you are getting difficulties while using the snazzy map styling code on your website. Since, you originally posted that you added it in the Additional CSS of Appearance, that only supports CSS code instead of Javascript.

I am also assuming that you used Upfront Code element to add this code into a website that is meant to be used for such scripts. But if you could explain how exactly you make it work on Upfront Maps and better grant support staff access for that site then I would be able to take a closer look and will really help me assist you further.

Unfortunately, we can make that element for Google Maps plugin. For this purpose, you have to use their official plugin, the plugin I mentioned above for embedding code or have to add it in your theme file by editing it directly.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• jongag1
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey Sajid,

Great you guys can make that element! But... I guess you wanted to write can't...
    I was just asking because wpmudev implemented this option already in the upfront theme...

It can be done here: open up the upfront editor, select the google map, and go into its settings.
    You can see in below image the Snazzy maps options which is nicely integrated in the Upfront theme.

Clicking on the Open Map Code Panel gives the opportunity to paste the code in it.

Works great! Greetings, Age

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello jongag1,

Thank you so much for more details along with screenshot. That made it clear now and indeed it will be a very nice feature in the plugin. I am moving it to features and feedback section from where it can be considered for development if it gets enough +1's from other members of community.

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.