Can some one explain how Multi-db works in detail? 1.

Can some one explain how Multi-db works in detail?

1. The Main db is global, when does it spread or start using to other db.
2. How do you back up multi db.
3. Why is multi db not reflected in Cpanel under Mysql database?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @rusdy380, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

#1: The other databases get used as sites are created on the network, they're not all populated right away.

#2: One way that was mentioned in the past would be via a bash script, as mentioned over here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/back-up-and-migration-for-multi-db#post-134325

Of course, if you're already using Snapshot to back up each site on the network, Snapshot would also handle the backup of the databases. :slight_smile:

#3: How did you go about creating the databases? Did you do it from within phpMyAdmin?

It's possible that there's a delay here in them showing up in that section of your hosting.

Please advise,
    Michael

• rusdy380

Hi,

So can i say that the db_global is the main database?

1. Something serious happened to my website the table site_meta was corrupted when i gave access to wpmu staff to check on some plugins. When that happen, my super admin account became administrator account and all the plugins and themes were locked down, I am just wondering what is fallback db if db_global fails?

2. Now my website crashes. When i restore previous backup using cpanel, nothing was changed. Is the multi db being backed up as normal?

3. I already ask for support and none replied or assist for the whole day from wpmu staff.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @rusdy380, my apologies for the extreme delay here!

#1: The global database would be separate from the main site's database (which is what I believe you're referring to in regards to the site_meta table running into issues).

#2: I'm not sure what was in the backup that you restored (since you didn't mention what type it was), but each database should be backed up separately, you'd want to make sure that each database has been saved.

#3: I see that your other tickets have been addressed by the other staff here, my apologies for the delays that you've encountered in the meantime.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.