Can somebody explain me the role of 'Facilitator'?

I'm translating some of the text file for CoursePress Pro in Dutch, but it is unclear to me what exactly the role of a 'Facilitator' is in CoursePress Pro. What does the person do?

It is hard to think of a proper translation, when that role is not clear.

• Wilko
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Btw, found a very unclear phrase
    > If jest true or "yes" switch content to "facilitator".
    I really do not get the word 'jest' here... I mean, a jest is a joke, I know... but in this context?
    Or is the programmer from a Slavic country (I know 'jest' means 'is' in several Slavic languages) and was the text 'is' intended?
    In that case I think the source should be corrected first.

• Wilko
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

And for today a final note about the source text. In the translations I see quite often that an invalid ellipse is used. And ellipse is three dots, not 2 or 4.
    Maybe good to have the source text checked in the .pot files before it is submitted for translation. Two or four dots really looks sloppy.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Wilko,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Facilitator" is like "moderator" here. There are two roles: instructor (which seem pretty self-explanatory) and "facilitator" so the person that's not an instructor but has access to the course to "help" instructors.

> If jest true or "yes" switch content to "facilitator".

Your diagnose is actually right. One of the developers working on CoursePress is Polish and "jest" means literally "is" in Polish. I'm sure that was just a mistake. Could you please let me know where exactly did you find it? I suppose it's just a code comment, right? I'll let him know and ask him to correct it.

And for today a final note about the source text. In the translations, I see quite often that an invalid ellipse is used. And ellipse is three dots, not 2 or 4.

I'll suggest that to the developers too together with the "jest" word :slight_smile:

Thank you for pointing that out!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.