Can someone clarify the Paypal Subsciptions options for me?

I am trying to create a free and paid membership. When users sign up they default to a free infinite subscription. I set up Paypal express acct. and gateway and applied to paid membership. But even though both subscriptions are activated I don't see upgrade option on member account page with shortcodes.

I also dont get what the difference between the Express and Single payments gateways are!

• aecnu

Greetings satori83,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

But even though both subscriptions are activated I don't see upgrade option on member account page with shortcodes.

How many levels do you have?

I also dont get what the difference between the Express and Single payments gateways are!

Using the PayPal Express payment option does not work for the Free membership, it requires the Free membership gateway to be activated.

Now with that in mind, primarily PayPal Express lets PayPal handle the subscriptions and if a person does not have a PayPal account they cannot use a credit card.

When using the Single Payments gateway, not only does it handle the subscriptions within the script itself, one does not need a PayPal account to use a Credit Card for payment.

The Single Payment gateway does not try to create a subscription since it handles them internally making charges to the credit card when the payment is due from PayPal's perspective of being a one time payment.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings satori83,

Just checking in since we have not heard from you in quite sometime.

Did you get this resolved some other way? Perhaps live chat or?

If you did happy I would be happy to know that this issue is resolved.

I am going to mark this ticket as resolved and if you are still having issues related to this thread please feel free to mark it as not resolved below and include any new errors or symptoms if they exist.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.