Can someone please show me an example?

I'm creating a directory site and have purchased the directory plugin, however when visitors sign up to my website they are given back end access and can view all of my media and such. I thought when purchasing the plugin that it would like take them to a form to fill out which would publish the listings. I DO NOT want visitors to be added as back end users to my website and have already set the permissions to the minimum standards.

I would like to see examples of other sites that use this plugin so I can observe how users are added and where they are taken.

If you do not have any examples please let me know of other websites that have more private and professional directory plugins. Because at this point I feel like I wasted money on a plugin that you can actually get for free on other websites.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings badseedlife,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Directory plugin.

I am assuming you have followed the documents located at:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/installation/

During your testing you were using a different browser so that you were sure not to be logged in as network admin identified by a cookie in your current browser? Otherwise it is certain that you would be able to see things that normal users would not be able to see.

Please advise and we are here to help get any issues you may have squared away asap.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings badseedlife,

Just checking in since I have not heard from you in quite some time.

Did you manage to get this issue resolved? Here or perhaps n live chat?

If so no need to reply and happy days!

I am marking this ticket as resolved since we have not heard from you. If this ticket is not resolved or perhaps you have questions related to this thread, please fell free to check mark this ticket as not resolved below and please post any new or additional information that may help us to diagnose the problem.

Cheers, Joe

• PJ
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Is there a showcase for websites using the directory plugin?

So far, I am struggling with getting this plugin to work correctly, and it would be good to know if others are using it effectively. Having problems, and then sometimes taking 3+ days for solutions is not working for me.

I mean users other than developers who have set up example or test sites?

Another issue: Is there a reason WPMU DEV does not let users rate plugins? Just like they do at Wordpress.org/plusins

I realize this could put stress on developers and your firm. However, it should also increase accountability, quality, and help people like me know if and how much time I shoud,l commit to making a plugin work.

I have been working with wordpress plugins and themes for over 5 years.

Thanks

PJ

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.