Can Status plugin work with WP mobile app?

I’d like to be able to post Status plugin quick posts from my Android phone or iPad with photos freshly taken on each mobile device. I’ve tried using the WP apps for each. I am not able to find a way to make the WP mobile apps work with the Status plugin, in particular the Status plugin widget. Is there a way to do this?

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @wadams92101

Uploading images from mobile devices isn’t a simple thing to do and requires custom apps that integrate with the plugins.

What apps have you tried?

I’ve flagged the developer to get his input on this. It might be something that is being worked on, or something that is never going to be possible but I’m sure he’ll be able to shed some light either way.

Cheers,

Mike

• wadams92101
    • The Crimson Coder

P.S., Maybe a work-around would be to modify the Status widget to accept post format posts that were entered via WP’s New Post form rather than the Status Update form, as long as status, image, link, video or one of the other post formats that the Status plugin uses was selected. That way, the WP Droid and IOS apps could be used with the Status plugin. While a Status plugin mobile app would be preferable, compatibility with the WP mobile apps would be almost as good. I’m looking forward to getting your feedback on this alternative strategy.

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hi @wadams92101

Thanks for your reply.

I’m pretty sure that this isn’t possible as the plugin itself doesn’t support this .

The developer has been flagged and he’ll reply here as soon as he can I’m sure.

But don’t get your hopes up because I’m sure this is not something that is possible.

Cheers,

Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.