Can the activity plus features be available for comments?

I love the BuddyPress Activity Plus. As an admin, I'm finding that I would like to add images in my comments. Is there a way to do this? The option for adding media only shows with new posts/updates.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings antKat,

Activity Plus. As an admin, I'm finding that I would like to add images in my comments. Is there a way to do this? The option for adding media only shows with new posts/updates.

I believe the reason that this cannot be done for prior posts is due to BuddyPress Activity Plus plugin cannot retrieve and then store previous file media for the older posts within the media library, whereas a new post can.

When creating a new post it is able to ask for the media and then upload it to the media library.

I think that this is spot on but I will ping the developer just in case for his feedback so that he may affirm or dis-affirm my suspicions.

Cheers, Joe

• antKat
    • HummingBird

aecnu, I believe you misinterpreted my question (or my question was not clear). I am not referring to old postings but rather responses /comments. For example, someone in the activity stream posted that they were having difficulty with something. I wanted to include an illustrative image in my reply, however, there is not an image uploader connected to posting responses / comments.,

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings antKat,

Agreed that I misinterpreted your question, I had a total different impression here of what was going on.

Therefore with the restating of the goal - which is appreciated this will go to the feature requests and I will ping the lead developer again to the request.

Bottom line is there currently is no way to add an image to your reply which would be the feature request for this plugin.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings iamstaggered,

Thank you for your feedback.

To answer your question about an update, the feature request may never happen, it is what it is, a feature request.

You and other members can certainly put a little pressure on the possibility of it happening by entering and voting as described below:

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• wpbpadmin
    • New Recruit

The feature request link is no longer working I am afraid..

A customer of us really needs this feature, could you point us in the right direction so we could code it ourselves?

I would be very grateful :slight_smile:

Kind regards, Bart

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Bart,

Thank you for the question and though I am not sure exactly what you you have in mind there as far as pointing you in the right direction but if you are referring to php coding then this would be the place to start: http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

Alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.