Can the marketpress plugin work on all theme templates or only on the marketpress theme?

Can the marketpress plugin work on all theme templates to create an e-commerce site or only on the marketpress theme?

• camparoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

grace – great question!

I first used this plug-in with the Thesis theme. I also have several custom themes I have created that now use Marketpress. I am also using this with the theme Social as well as EduBlogs. I have never used the Marketpress theme LOL.

In some cases, you might need to do a bit of editing, but the folks here are quite helpful with info on making everything here work for you!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Grace,

As @camparoo pointed out, MarketPress can work with most of the WordPress themes out there. It works well with the ones that follows the model of Twenty Ten of other default WordPress themes.

Sometimes a bit of css / template edits might be needed but all those would be cosmetic, it will work just fine :slight_smile:

Good luck!

• aalkemist
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Camparoo —

Can you give me any insight to customizing marketpress in Thesis – I’ve no reference in Thesis for the page.php – all I want to do is simply have the marketpress pages use the no-sidebar template from the Thesis theme and am having No Joy – any help would be greatly welcome.

Greg

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

That’s sounds like a great question which would work best in it’s own thread. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn’t confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don’t miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

MarketPress also has a theming file with instruction:

/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.