can the Support System act like an email client ?

Hi,

I need this info before I could decide to buy it or not. I need a ticket support system that can act like an email client. Let say if my customer send me an email from their gmail then I should receive this email in my support ticket control panel.

Another thing is that I have about 10 support staff in my team and each of them is assigned different email address, staff1@mywebsite.com , staff2@mywebsite.com ... staff10@mywebsite.com , if my customers send emails from their gmail ( or any other email provider ) to staff1@mywebsite.com then the email should go to my ticket support control panel and only admin and staff1 would see the emails.

The same thing for staff2 to staff 10 .

Is this possible ?

Thank you.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Alex,

Our Support System is an integrated system where users have to send their support requests from within their sites and not via email. This isn't possible with the Support System plugin.

From what I have read, what you only need is an email account and 10 other accounts for staff. (You could use Google Apps to have emails under your own domain name, you know that right?).

Your members can email you at say support@yoursite.com and you can reply to them.

Emails sent to staff emails staff1@yoursite.com can be set to be copied to you as well, so that you can read them as well as your staff.

I hope this works for you. Good luck!

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

I know this is an old ticket, but it isn't marked as resolved, so I wanted to check if you found a solution to your question. If not, I would recommend you look into using ZenDesk. It is a premium (i.e., paid) solution, but you'll find it worth the cost in terms of ease of use and functionality.

Unfortunately, I do not believe the Support System plugin is robust enough to handle your scenario. When it comes to the email hosting side, were you looking for something to host your email as well as process your customer interactions? If so, you'll want to look into email hosting solutions as well as ZenDesk (or a similar solution) for customer interaction handling.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.